Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a very quick question

Options
  • 01-07-2009 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

im sorry if this has already been answered but i was just wondering that if i repeat my L.C next year what happens to my projects.

i did a design and communications and geography projects last year but if i repeat do i have to do them again. i plan on studying at home since ive no intention of going back to school i was wondering what happens.

Comments

You've to repeat every project.

If you do a subject that includes a project element, it's far easier to just go into school. You can't do the project at home.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

AFAIK you do them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

ok i know this might sound lazy but is there any chance of doing it without going back to school ??

brennaldo wrote: »
    ok i know this might sound lazy but is there any chance of doing it without going back to school ??

I don't think so. You've to do the DCG project in the presence of a teacher, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thelankylad

All i know is that you have to use the same LCVP portfolio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

You have to redo them AND it's much easier to be in school, anyway.

For something like Geography though (don't know about DCG) you might be able to copy your work from last year a little, project titles depending.

My project in '08 was about river erosion, this year I did river deposition.
    Prettttttty muich the same thing. Well, sort of.
    But yeah. Very similar stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

If I had to repeat, I would probably drop my project subjects for the sheer anoyance of doing them again. I would study at home and switch DCG for physics or chemistry. Hopefully it wont come to that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

yep i'm sorry to say you have to re-do your projects. its a clean slate so to speak. When i repeated in 2008 I had to do home ec journal in less than 6 weeks but it was great to get it our of the way and i got higher marks in the 2008 journal than the previous. :D so go for it ;)bject require you and a teacher to sign off that you did them under the eye of a qualified teacher.
    I had to do Geog and Ag science as well. the geog changes but you will have a clear advantage as you will have a good idea of what will be expected by the marking scheme.

Advertisement