Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! looking for information what to go back to education

Options
  • 01-07-2009 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

As the title says I'm looking to go back to full time education in September in one of the further to education colleges I've just been made redundant and I was wondering would I be intitled to anything I.e btwa or a grant if I am intitled to something how would I go about applying for it.

I looking for any help and information you's can give

Thank you in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

You would have to be on social welfare for at something like 9 months to get the back to education allowance. Otherwise you apply for a maintenance grant which you may of may not be entitled to, it depends on your income last year and how far from the college you live. You can check this out on www.studentfinance.ie

You would need to be applying to the colleges of further ed immediately as they are majorly over subscribed this year so competition for places if fierce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

From the Citizen's information website:

If you are awarded statutory redundancy and entitled to one of the qualifying social welfare payments you may get the the Back to Education Allowance.

I take this to mean that you don't have to wait nine months and have been told that is so by an Adult Guidance Officer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 lol1

Yes thats true they have scraped the waiting time on the BTEA if you are made redundant.

Advertisement