Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black liquid eye liner

Options
  • 01-07-2009 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for Black liquid eye liner. I've never used one before. Any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

If you're willing to invest I'd advise getting MAC Fluidline instead. It's about €15 plus you'll need a good eye liner brush (you can pick up a decent enough one in Boots or I have the Art Deco one which cost about €7). I find it's a lot less messy, and will last tons longer than any liquid liner which will dry up after about a month to six weeks. I also think it's easier to draw thicker or thinner lines as required with a brush and it's less likely to leave blobs of liquid around as it's a gel-like substance. You can get the Fluidline in a range of colours as well, including a black one. :)

Edit: Sorry, I see you ask for tips as well... If this is for application, the best advice is practice! You'll get the hang of it with plenty of trial and error. Remember, if you make a mistake it's easy to rub it off and try again. I usually start in the middle of the eyelid and work my way out in short strokes and then when the brush is less loaded I work inside with a thinner line. But that's just me! Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Thanks bluedolphin, I always look like I have two black eyes when I wear liquid eyeliner!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

Is Mac Fluidline the one that's kind of like a pen rather than a brush? I had that and found it really really good, way easier to apply than any other liquid liners I tried, also it stays on all night too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

It comes in a little pot and you dip the brush into it. It's a great eyeliner - one of the only ones that stays on all day/night for me. Bit of a hassle with the whole brush thing, but so worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

That's not the one I had so, I might give it a go next time I'm buying!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Here it is on the MAC site. It's a bit finnicky to begin with, but all liquid liners are. And if you make a mistake it's much easier to remove a small part without smudging your whole eye and ending up with black everywhere! You don't need an expensive brush for this one - pick up any ol' one in Boots or someplace and it should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I use the Rimmel liquid eyeliner, it has a little brush so you can make the line really thin or quite thick. It is maybe about €6 and it lasts for aaaaages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

It's been mentioned MAC fluid line is the best. Your best to get a brush that is slanted I find it much easier.
    I also usually use a dark eyeshadow to draw a guide line. Or a pencil and make dots along the lid and join them up!!
    Then go over it with your gel/liquid liner. Take your time and practise practise practise! :)

Advertisement