Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Bonus Whore or not to Bonus Whore?

Options
  • 01-07-2009 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭

I'm playing micro-stakes on FTP at the moment getting 27% rakeback and a 100% deposit bonus which I've almost cleared now. Assuming I'll be able to hit the gold medal fairly comfortably each month in the Iron Man would I be better advised sticking with that on FTP or moving to a different site, getting a new deposit bonus and probably a better rakeback/kickback deal?

If anyone has done the math or has a link to a discussion on the topic I'd be much obliged...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'm playing micro-stakes on FTP at the moment getting 27% rakeback and a 100% deposit bonus which I've almost cleared now. Assuming I'll be able to hit the gold medal fairly comfortably each month in the Iron Man would I be better advised sticking with that on FTP or moving to a different site, getting a new deposit bonus and probably a better rakeback/kickback deal?

If anyone has done the math or has a link to a discussion on the topic I'd be much obliged...

What stakes are you playing? From what it sound like I would just stay with ftp for now since you are getting rake back. While you may be able to get a higher % rake back on a different site, there is way higher volume for small stakes on ftp and the software is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Mullicker

I'm on FTP at moment with 27% rakeback also. Decided to do a little bit of bonus whoring on the cake network. I found the software tilting and made a small profit, if i stayed with FTP and concentrated on just winning i would have made more $. Also clearing bonus playing 50nl or less is a grind so i think waiting till your beating a higher limit might be a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

If fulltilt is soft, (is it?) I wouldnt move anywhere.

I think the most important thing in a site is softness of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

25nl and 50nl is the best time to be bonus whoring.
    Go sign up at PSO and do as many kickbacks as you can.
    Standard on Full Tilt at 50nl is much harder than other sites, at least it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Robbie444

mdwexford wrote: »
    25nl and 50nl is the best time to be bonus whoring.
    Go sign up at PSO and do as many kickbacks as you can.
    Standard on Full Tilt at 50nl is much harder than other sites, at least it used to be.

What is PSO, and kickbacks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

If fulltilt is soft, (is it?) I wouldnt move anywhere.

I think the most important thing in a site is softness of games.

I've just started playing 25nl on Full Tilt and there's a lot of TAG regs who play around 22/18. They make some pretty bad mistakes, but it gets frustrating been consistently surrounded by them and makes game selection pretty annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

carlop wrote: »
    I've just started playing 25nl on Full Tilt and there's a lot of TAG regs who play around 22/18. They make some pretty bad mistakes, but it gets frustrating been consistently surrounded by them and makes game selection pretty annoying.

ty

Meh, Party it is so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If people can stand the software Ongame is by far the softest site. I found PP pretty reg infested.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

If people can stand the software Ongame is by far the softest site. I found PP pretty reg infested.

What's wrong with the software?

I've found 10NL and 25NL to be beatable but full of TAG regs so I'm not in love with the idea of staying. I'll probably stick it out for July alright and see how I find doing the Iron Man thing but if that's unrewarding I may just hop ship to find a new deposit bonus on somewhere like ipoker or ongame or whatever...

• Advertisement
Advertisement