Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which one?

Options
  • 01-07-2009 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I live in Glasnevin and am just wondering which college would be quicker/less hassle to get to, ITB or ITT (Tallaght)? I wouldn't mind doing either course it would just help me decide which to put top of the CAO if i knew which was easier to get to :)

I don't have a car so would be relying on public transport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

HELLO132 wrote: »
    I live in Glasnevin and am just wondering which college would be quicker/less hassle to get to, ITB or ITT (Tallaght)? I wouldn't mind doing either course it would just help me decide which to put top of the CAO if i knew which was easier to get to :)

I don't have a car so would be relying on public transport

I went to school in Glasnevin, 40D bus leaves you a 5 minute walk outside ITB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

as far as tallaght is concerned there's buses that stop right outside the institute from city centre and you can also get the luas out which is quicker i would guess but if you're combining a student monthly bus and luas ticket that would be more expensive i guess.

don't know about blanch but it seems to be in the middle of nowhere. is it near blanchardstown shopping centre (the big one)?

institute in tallaght seems to be close to the square anyway?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bicycle to Blanch?

creggy wrote: »
    I went to school in Glasnevin, 40D bus leaves you a 5 minute walk outside ITB.

Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers that there is a diversion on routes 40a, 40d and 220 until further notice.
    Diversion Towards City Centre
    Route 40a
    Normal route to Cardiffsbridge Road then onto Wellmount Road, straight to Finglas Village and back onto normal route.
    Routes 40d and 220
    Normal route to Cardiffsbridge Road then onto Wellmount Road, right onto Farnham Road, left onto Tolka Valley Road and back onto normal route.
    Diversion From City Centre
    Route 40a
    Normal route up Dual Carriageway then left onto Wellmount Road and back onto normal route.
    Routes 40d and 220
    Normal route to Tolka Valley Road then right onto Farnham Road, left onto Wellmount Road, right onto Cardiffsbridge Road and back onto normal route.

:eek:
    40D doesn't go too often. Leaves city centre at

6:30
    7:27
    8:19
    9:25
    10:40
    12:00
    13:19
    14:40
    16:00

if you miss the 8:19 from town you have to wait over an hour for the next one.

Ugh tallaght all the way unless you want to pick up the blanchardtown buses that go more regular at phibsboro church if its not too much of a walk from where you live

• Advertisement

or if you're near the whitworth road end you could walk down to drumcondra train station and get the train to castleknock. 15 min walk then at least i'd say. dunno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Tallaght's grand in that there's the Luas, the 49, the 50, the 56a, the 65b, the 75 the 77 and the 77a that all leave from town. You're guaranteed a bus at least every seven minutes or so.

Advertisement