Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Blood

Options
  • 30-06-2009 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

While I normally avoid US fantasy shows esp if they are 'hip' and 'cool' True Blood which is on FX (UK) soon looks like it might be worth a shout sadly I don't have FX (UK) so does anyone know if its likely to be on RTE?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Its on season 2 in the Us and there are threads on seasons 1 and 2 around here somewhere. I only started watching it a few days ago and just finished episode 5 a minute ago.

I am really enjoying it,especially the last 2 eps I watched. The first episode isn't that great,and the whole concept of the show takes a bit of getting used to as it is a bit strange,its not the typical vampire plot. But it is really growing on me and keeps getting better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

yea ive seen the first series its a good show, i really like it. the season one box set is out already so you could buy it instead of waiting in hope of rte showin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

One of my favourite shows of last year..

Absolutely terrible pilot but it becomes a fantastic little series as it goes on.

Those end of episode cliffhangers will kill you though.. so I'd advise watching it back to back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

basquille wrote: »
    Those end of episode cliffhangers will kill you though.. so I'd advise watching it back to back.

+1 - I did the same thing with Season 1, watched all 12 episodes after they had aired in a matter of days and got hooked (to my complete surprise). Now watching Season 2 as it airs is pretty painful, waiting for next week :).

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Anaiyela

Does anyone know when it's coming to FX UK? no info on their website..

• Advertisement

Anaiyela wrote: »
    Does anyone know when it's coming to FX UK? no info on their website..
    No info, eh?

picture1g.png

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Only a year behind the US. Good ol' FX UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭click4444

True Blood is a hit in the US it’s only a matter of time before it comes to Ireland
    SO COME ON RTE OR TV3 :D

click4444 wrote: »
    Don't you know TV3 only buy shows that were cancelled after 8 or less episodes? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

True Blood begins July 17 on FX and airs on Channel 4 from November

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭click4444

27 January 2009

Channel 4 has today secured the UK terrestrial broadcast rights for two new US series, True Blood and Generation Kill from HBO. Already a Golden Globe winner, True Blood is the latest must-see drama from Six Feet Under creator Alan Ball. The sexy, scary 12-part series stars Oscar-winner Anna Paquin and British actor Stephen Moyer, and delves into the dark, meticulously crafted world of novelist Charlaine Harris.
    From the creator of The Wire, Generation Kill is a critically-acclaimed seven-part mini-series from HBO Films that portrays the true story of the first 40 days of the Iraq War through the experiences of a group of highly trained young Marines, based on the award-winning book by Evan Wright.
    Gill Hay, Head of Acquisitions Channel 4, said: "We are thrilled to bring more fresh, imaginative and bold US drama to Channel 4 audiences. True Blood and Generation Kill are examples of HBO programming at its thought-provoking and challenging best; both series will find a natural home on Channel 4."
    Generation Kill and True Blood will be broadcast on Channel 4 later in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

While I watch True Blood , And it is a fine piece of TV , i believe the honeymoon is over and in the worse kind of ways..........one of the GF's mags is now compaining it to Twilight a fact that made vomit.

It was better when I got to watch the First season and nobody knew about it.

Joeface wrote: »
    of the GF's mags is now compaining it to Twilight a fact that made vomit.
    Shows how inept "gal's mags" are, doesn't it?

Doubt they did much research... probably put "cool" + "vampires" together and drew a comparison.

Wouldn't pay much heed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Oh both me and the GF don't pay much heed , its just the silly sillys of Tv such will start drooling over the sloppy and how pretty ever one is .....................

ITS A FECKIN DARK TALE >>>>>>>>WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY LOOKING AT

Stupid twilight and there stupid shiny vampires.........................i was found trying to cut my self after watching that movie . why oh why did i ever look at that crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Getting stuck in to this show. Enjoying it quite nicely....Anna Paquin yum :)

Cant imagine it working on any other network though. HBO is great like that..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

click4444 wrote: »
    True Blood is a hit in the US it’s only a matter of time before it comes to Ireland

It might be a TG4 kind of show, they seem to buy in a lot of HBO stuff. FX are showing it but I don't have that channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

There's been rumours circulating about Irish stations wanting to bid for it, so the next few weeks/months should be telling. Hopefully one of them will pick up on it!

I watched a few episodes the other day, was very impressed with it!

Really high quality, well-produced show!

Didn't think it would be my sort of thing, but I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just started watching it myself over the weekend... very good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Can I ask, maybe it's a naive question, but where is everyone watching seasons 1 and 2 of True Blood, before FX have even shown it? I assume it's online, am I right? What's the site?

fisgon..

Since you're new here, please take time to read the Televison Charter, and pay heed to this particular point:
    * Don't ask where you can download/stream TV shows or give any links to them. Infact try to stay away from discussion of downloading altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Glad to see C4 have picked this up, something to keep me warm this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

basquille wrote: »
    fisgon..

Since you're new here, please take time to read the Televison Charter, and pay heed to this particular point:

Ok, sorry about that, thanks for letting me know, I should have read the charter first.

In fairness though, practically everyone on this thread is talking about watching a show they couldn't possibly have seen on television anywhere in Britain or Ireland. This is stretching the 'try to stay away from discussion of downloading altogether' rule a bit, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

DVD ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

mike65 wrote: »
    DVD ;)

Did you pay VAT on that sir?

Advertisement