Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Prayer

Options
  • 30-06-2009 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Now, I am just after reading a very helpful thread with the above title and now see it is locked. We say this prayer in school all the time and all of us get courage from it. I was therefore horrified to see that this thread is locked. Why should it be? I found it helpful, this country's main religion is Catholicism, freedom of expression and religion are rights, and I think those rights are being denied. I call on it to be reopened. There is no need for this type of discrimination. If anyone has a problem with it then don't bother looking at it. The posters who disagree with it and post horrible comments should take a long, hard look at themselves and grow up.

Please reopen the thread. There is no excuse for locking it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭JimmyFloyd

I did my leaving cert 6 years ago and in school i was discriminated against because i am athiest and was MADE to pray.

<snip>Careful now...</snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Mayo1, if you have a problem with moderation on this forum, sort it out via PM. Do not argue about moderation decisions here.

As an aside, I agree with star-pants' decision.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Mayo1 wrote: »
    Now, I am just after reading a very helpful thread with the above title and now see it is locked. We say this prayer in school all the time and all of us get courage from it. I was therefore horrified to see that this thread is locked. Why should it be? I found it helpful, this country's main religion is Catholicism, freedom of expression and religion are rights, and I think those rights are being denied. I call on it to be reopened. There is no need for this type of discrimination. If anyone has a problem with it then don't bother looking at it.
    Please look under the Soc category, you will see a number of forums opening out of Religion & Spirituality which facilitate those of different religions and indeed of none, who wish to discuss their stance or indeed (in the appropriate forums) to ask for or share prayers.

This forum will not however become a battleground between those of different views on the subject.
    Mayo1 wrote: »
    The posters who disagree with it and post horrible comments should take a long, hard look at themselves and grow up.
    This however I agree with.

I for one will have little patience with such behaviour.

If you feel ANY thread / post does not belong in this forum, report it, and leave it to the mods to deal with.
    As an aside, I agree with star-pants' decision.
    As do I.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement