Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf trip question.

Options
  • 30-06-2009 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

New to this part of Boards, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Im looking for some info about organizing a surf trip with my college class,basic plan is somewhere on the west coast,for about 12 people for around 10 days or so,its mostly just to get away from Dublin but i havent done any surfing in a few years now and wouldnt mind doing it again.

Any help is very much appreciated,thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

There's a school in Lahinch and Bundoran. Google irish surf school / lessons and you should get a few links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

North west opens up alot of possibilities and plenty of surf schools from enniscrone to strandhill, bundoran, rosnowlagh all within 45 mins of sligo with I think at last count 5 schools in Strandhill alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Don't heed fmcc, <Snip - less of that please - c - 13>, no surf, swell, waves or poontang in Sligo or the whole North West for another 2-3 months.
    South Coast is only worth considering and even then probably not worth the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Check out Fanore, Co. Clare. Pete the surf school instructor can organise group accommodation in the area and/or there's a campsite close to the beach.

http://www.surfschool.tv

If you're looking for a chilled out, couple of scoops, enjoy the view type experience then its recommended. Also if its flat then there's plenty of alternative activities in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

pass no heed of cecil mor hes only trying to rise me but will I accept the bait no the bigger man stands tall. Mor indeed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Back in my day DCU surf club had something going with turf'n'surf in bundoran and I was very impressed.

Just call a surf school (or a few of them) and they might be able to sort accommodation for you.

The season starts in August/September but you will probably get some fun beginner waves all year round.

Advertisement