Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone dilemma... help.. !!

Options
  • 30-06-2009 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i am currently trying to buy the new iphone 3gs but im stuck with a few dilemma's hoping your input will help :).. ive a 2g at the moment unlocked on meteor works perfect now upgrading to 3gs was gonna go pre pay with o2 however its too much hassle haven to wait on these guys get the white iphone in, If i was to buy this from UK on prepay & unlock it can o2 brick this and deem it unuseable as they say on there website?. if not has the unlock for 3gs actually came out yet & any flaws on this MMS in working order etc on meteor network?..

I was thinking of buying a legally unlocked 3gs however my predicament with this is I want to keep cydia/ installer on the phone if I buy a legally unlocked iphone im guessing these wont be on it? can i get these put on without it causeing any confusion with the lock codes meaning will this deems it illegally unlocked if these two programs are put on?.

Tanx guy's ;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

hey, cant speak for the 3GS but I bought my iphone direct from the apple store in the UK and it worked fine on O2 Ireland.....at the end of the day you will be using it on o2 so they will not block it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 biffo872002

hey sorry I mean I'm planning on unblocking & using on meteor not o2:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You can't unlock the 3GS at the moment.

Full details in the sticky at the top of the forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

well I done the same on my 3g. Bought in the uk (well N.I but o2-uk) and changed over to meteor in ireland, havn't bricked the phone yet anywat :P That was about 6 months ago now

Cool so it's safe to unlock iPhones bought from o2 .. Great :) ..would Anyone have an my idea how putting installer / cydia on a legally unblocked iPhone could affect it ? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

It wont affect it, but if you ever need to send the phone back to Apple or O2 just restore the firmware using Itunes so its not jailbroken.

Remember the point someone else posted - there is no unlock currently available for the 3GS......I am sure its coming, but until its out you might want to hold off..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

anoble66 wrote: »
    hey, cant speak for the 3GS but I bought my iphone direct from the apple store in the UK and it worked fine on O2 Ireland.....at the end of the day you will be using it on o2 so they will not block it.

?

Do you mean that you jailbreaked it first?

one more question?.. if i buy my iphone 3gs in belfast and live in dublin will i need to register it to a english address or can i give my own in dublin?..... i plan on unlocking it an not using there network either way but just to get it out of the shop?

Advertisement