Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crosby stills and nash

Options
  • 21-06-2009 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Crosby Stills & Nash are playing on June 29th at the Marquee, Cork.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Anyone who saw Stephen Stills at Vicar St last year, Crosby & Nash a couple of years ago, or Crosby with his son (James Redmond) and band (aka CPR) at Vicar Street before that again, will know that these guys - individually and collectively - are truly something to behold.

If you're going, have an amazing time. CSN are to be treasured, and this, if the truth be told, is likely to be their last ever time on Irish soil.

:p:P:p:P:p:P:p
    www.crosbystillsnash.com/tour-dates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

I'd like to see them , I assume its a sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

saw the boys play cork last night
    and what a gig it was
    they put in some performance
    started off with just the three of them doing a few acoustic numbers
    then the band came on and blew the audience away
    the place wasnt full but it was a fantastic crowd
    the band had them in the palm of their hands
    all i can say is wow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It was stunning. They were in great form, and they were clearly feeding off the audience reaction. One of the great advantages of the Marquee is the way it holds the sound in, so audience participation is thrown back at the artists really well. I've seen this happen at so many shows over the years - Brian Wilson and Elton John in particular - but last night was another great example, particularly during the obligatory singalongs of Our House and Teach Your Children.
    Stills' playing was superb all night, and it was great that we got three Buffalo Springfield songs. Their cover of The Grateful Dead's Uncle John's Band was excellent as well. I also loved Crosby's comment after the interval, when the place had yet to fill up again: "Those still in the bar will miss the naked girls and the free money". Brilliant.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭walter sobchak

Aw man - would have loved to go, but couldn't get off work...
    Still, I had a feeling Neil Young might show up - so glad he didn't - I would have regretted it forever :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Great to see so many great artist from the 60/70s still touring .CSNY were generation before mine but I liked a lot of their stuff such as , Wooden ships , Teach your children and Marakesh express .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Saw them on Glasto at the weekend, they were amazing. Gutted i missed the Cork gig :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Yes saw the glasto gig to .....they were really good

looking for a site for set lists particulary looking for crosby stills and nash in the marquee
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Can't help you with a full setlist, I'm afraid, but this might be of use..

http://writing-for-my-life.blogspot.com/2009/06/perfect-day-in-company-of-crosby-stills.html

not exactly a set list but i loved the story and i`m gonna head out and buy that book....thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I can't remember the order, but they played:

Helplessly Hoping
    You Don't Have to Cry
    Our House
    Uncle John's Band (The Grateful Dead)
    Ruby Tuesday (The Rolling Stones)
    You Can Close Your Eyes (James Taylor)
    Marrakesh Express
    Cathedral
    Southern Cross
    Guinnevere
    Long Time Gone
    Almost Cut My Hair
    Military Madness
    Bluebird
    Rock and Roll Woman
    For What It's Worth
    Wooden Ships
    Deja Vu
    Teach Your Children

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement