Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bose 321 help wanted

Options
  • 30-06-2009 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,
    I have a Bose 321 system and the remote has just packed in.
    I've changed the batteries and dont all the troubleshooting from the owners manuals, can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Homer

Is there infra red actually being emitted from the remote with the new batteries in it?
    Easiest way to check is if you have a camera phone to activate the camera on your phone and point the Bose remote at the camera and press some of the buttons on the remote. You should be able to see a blinking light coming from the remote control which would indicate that the remote is emitting infra red and that the problem lies elsewhere.
    Try this and see how you get on. It will at least eliminate whether it is a problem with the remote or not!
    Or try bringing your remote into Peats or other Bose dealer and see does it work on their 321?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Colt1231979

Homer wrote: »
    Is there infra red actually being emitted from the remote with the new batteries in it?
    Easiest way to check is if you have a camera phone to activate the camera on your phone and point the Bose remote at the camera and press some of the buttons on the remote. You should be able to see a blinking light coming from the remote control which would indicate that the remote is emitting infra red and that the problem lies elsewhere.
    Try this and see how you get on. It will at least eliminate whether it is a problem with the remote or not!
    Or try bringing your remote into Peats or other Bose dealer and see does it work on their 321?!

Cheers for that, no there is no IR from the remote. I was talking to the dealer and he is going to replace it for me.

Advertisement