Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone know...

Options
  • 30-06-2009 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭

how to get the "d4 hairstyle"???

ive tried but it just turns out to look like a rats nest!!!

any tips welcomed!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Danye

Well is that not the look no? Or is it birds nest? Maybe you could ask a friend to drag you through a hedge backwards! :p

Nah just kiddin, I dont think its an actual "style", it just seems to be tied up any which way, maybe pop along to the local salon and ask there.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kizzyf

DON'T DO IT! Ah no I think it's just a case of backcomb, hairspray, backcomb, hairspray and then tie it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

As a mucker from kilkenny I've always been quite fascinated by that hairstyle! I think they must backcomb but a lot of it must be to do with the cut, pivot layers perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

nicola09 wrote: »
    As a mucker from kilkenny I've always been quite fascinated by that hairstyle! I think they must backcomb but a lot of it must be to do with the cut, pivot layers perhaps?

i going to sound stupid but what are pivot layers??

Danye wrote: »
    Well is that not the look no? Or is it birds nest? Maybe you could ask a friend to drag you through a hedge backwards! :p

:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

i going to sound stupid but what are pivot layers??
    They are short layers cut fairly near the top of your hair, but you still have plenty of length left in the longer bits! I think they are called pivot layers, i'm sure there are other names as well! Its kinda hard to explain lol but if you brought a picture to your hairdresser they might sort you out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭buttercupbee

Hey girl!

I have looked this one up myself already and found a few useful vids on U Tube - in the US they call it 'Scene Hair' , so try that search and u should be able to copy easy enuf, and ya layers are important for the style to hold itself - just dont let sm stylist go mad on ya!

Sorry couldnt post a link frm U Tube - must practice in my spare time!

:)

coolie thanks everyone!!!!

:D

xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

What is the D4 hairstyle and why have I not heard of it before?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Google "80s hair" and you're sorted! Not messing! Its the massive backcombed, slight ponytailed look yeh? Not good, i always think the girls look like theyre comin home at 6am half cut rather than pm and just heading out..and i work around D4 so no its not a hairstyle to copy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

nooo! hate this hairstyle. why on earth copy it!? is it not easier to stop combing your hair for a week and then you'll achieve the look? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

nicola09 wrote: »
    They are short layers cut fairly near the top of your hair, but you still have plenty of length left in the longer bits! I think they are called pivot layers, i'm sure there are other names as well! Its kinda hard to explain lol but if you brought a picture to your hairdresser they might sort you out?

They would be called short layers as opposed to long layers! :D

I've never heard of them being called pivot layers, there is a technique called pivoting for a section.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

2009-hairstyle-quiff9.jpg

Is this it? :pac:

Advertisement