Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1984 200t for sale or will give away to a good home with conditons

Options
  • 30-06-2009 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

So, I've replaced my 1984 200t 160k miles with a 1982 230te 400k miles. They're estates if you don't already know.

And now my wife and neighbours want to get rid of the old one. Unreasonable if you ask me.

I can't scrap it and would prefer not to part it out, its not in great nick but it runs willingly and the only mechanical problems are the clutch - slipping and the spheres in the rear.

Body wise there is rust on the arches - but no chrome so wysiwyg, both driver and passenger doors could do with replacing and the wings aren't great.

and it needs new lenses for the rear lights.

Seats aren't great...

Doesn't sound like much but I took it for a drive last week and it's still a great car.

What I propose is that in return for somebody's mechanical expertise - I need to get my 280e running - (fuel delivery problem - perished hoses) and possibly a lead on where to get new seat covers for the replacement and a promise that it would be restored not scrapped or parted I would give them the car.

If somebody is interested I even have two potential buyers for the car once NCT'd; should we go this route I would like some element of profit share. I would of course be available to help with the work needed.

I also have a few bits and pieces; rear facing seats, new seat bases etc.

PM me if you are interested.

Mods sorry about trying to sell in the post, but if you read that's not really what I'm about.

Cheers,

w123
    I realised I was an enthusiast after buying my third!

Advertisement