Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tr1 form - How long does it take?

Options
  • 30-06-2009 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I recently submitted a TR1 form to register as a sole trader.

How long will it take for me to be registered as a sole trader and will I even hear back from the revenue?

Thanks!
    Dean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

Normally takes a few days and you will receive a letter form Revenue confirming your tax registration broken down into which taxes you registered for

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

Is more likely to take a few weeks(4-6) than days!!!( if there are any problems with the TR1...can take even longer)
    For a soletrader, the tax number they will issue will generally be your own PPS number....so if you need to start invoicing use this but be sure not to date the invoices any earlier than you filled out on the TR1

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

4-6 weeks....thats if you don't pester them with a few phone calls to hurry it on!! Make sure you ask for Registrations when calling your local tax office. Ive had clients registered in two days recently but I'd say the Revenue must have nothing to do at the moment so things are getting done quicker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭0e1

Is it still taking 4 to 6 weeks to hear back from them with a tax number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

I was told over the phone last week that it should only take a few days, possibly up to 10 days if you were looking to get VAT registered too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement