Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fixing dings......

Options
  • 30-06-2009 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭

hello folks, as of yesterday i am the proud new owner of a nasty ding in the underside of my board at the nose (thanks car door). i've watched a couple of youtube videos on repairs but i'm wondering if its easy to get and apply the materials or am i better off trying to find a surf shop to do the repairs? anyone any experience with this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

It's not as hard to get the supplies anymore, and you could probably do a decent job by yourself - but it can be VERY messy. If you want a professional looking finish though you'd be better off taking it to somebody that has done a good few repairs. All depends on the size and depth of the ding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

+1 If your handy and its a small enough ding (€2 coin size) then go for it yourself - although you will never do as good a job as a pro. If your not handy then save yourself the time and effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

If its small then do it yourself however it's better value to bring a board needing a few dings to a pro. They can easily do ones you've already repaired leaving them looking decent as well as the more recently acquired or larger & urgent dings.
    When I do occasionally drop a board into be done I generally just tell 'em to sort out along both the rails where I'll have noted a number of dings rather then individual issues.

Depends upon your board as well, does it warrant having more cash then necessary spent upon it?

Remember the only perfect boards are those hanging in a shop, if ya ain't dinging it ya ain't riding it! Few war wounds only add character to yer stick!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

For a decent size ding the going rate seems to be about 35euro for the repair. Your local surf shop in tramore will sort this for you. There is also ding repair kits ranging from free :D to 30 euro. Ask for me (Nick) iv repaired dozen of boards and can just as easily tell you how to do it for yourself if its not anything to major. I would advise you not to take this out in the water if your board is not water tight as you will do more damage and it really is handy to have your own ding repair kit at hand.

Advertisement