Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking up blog as an inbound link

Options
  • 30-06-2009 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi All,

I created the first blog for my site a few weeks back and the address of the site is in there should I expect to see this as an inbound link when i do a search on google for my web address the blog address is http://gstore-ie.blogspot.com/

Regards
    Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gypsy777

Eventually you may see a link to your main site from your blog but not until your blogspot blog has been indexed by the search engines which may take a while unless you take action to get it indexed.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mick Regan

I guess one way to move things along might be to add your blog link to your signature on boards.ie

Just a thought!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jason_Rickard

You may see it listed as an inbound but the SEO value of that link would be relatively low. Are you asking because you are hoping it helps your rankings?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

You may see it listed as an inbound but the SEO value of that link would be relatively low. Are you asking because you are hoping it helps your rankings?

Yeah pretty much, I was under the assumption that every inbound link will help your ranking (well every respected inbound link). Is this not the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jason_Rickard

Tony255 wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much, I was under the assumption that every inbound link will help your ranking (well every respected inbound link). Is this not the case?

Not all do (although if respected they won't hurt either). For instance if they all come from one site they won't be as valuable as a range of links. Another example is if they are from the same IP (So you host 50 sites and they all link to each other) they arent as valuable as unique links either.

The most valuable links are from authority sites.

• Advertisement
Advertisement