Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUBS 9:8 ON THE HILL??

Options
  • 30-06-2009 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Anyone see that DUBS 9:8 sign on the Hill on Sunday? It was done in the same style as John 3:7!

What does it mean??
    Up the Dubs!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Trampas

Maybe to do with the radio station.

Things like that wouldn't surprise me with radio stations

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Trampas wrote: »
    Maybe to do with the radio station.

Things like that wouldn't surprise me with radio stations

Think you're right. Aren't they always saying they're the Dubs number 1 supporter or something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Dubs4Sam09 wrote: »
    Anyone see that DUBS 9:8 sign on the Hill on Sunday? It was done in the same style as John 3:7!

What does it mean??
    Up the Dubs!

LOL nice plug first post and all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It wasn't funny so rule that meaning out.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

What does it mean??
    Up the Dubs!

It means Kildare are gonna hammer ye in two weeks. Its been prophecised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

baztard wrote: »
    It means Kildare are gonna hammer ye in two weeks. Its been prophecised.
    Bishop Dermot of Earley?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Bishop Dermot of Earley?

The All Ireland Primate of Armagh - Kieran McGeeney

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

What does it mean??
    Up the Dubs!

It was a guess of the amount of scores Dublin would get in the game, they were wrong, we scored more:p:p 3 points more, so they were close enough:p:p:D:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 235 ✭✭Mullet

joey54 wrote: »
    Think you're right. Aren't they always saying they're the Dubs number 1 supporter or something like that!

Funny you say that. They do not seem to realise we have a hurling team in a final on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ro_G

Bit of viral marketing going on from 98fm.

Buy an ad you bums!

Same first post from same poster here: http://www.reservoirdubs.com/forum/index.php?topic=6811.msg192070

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Mullet wrote: »
    Funny you say that. They do not seem to realise we have a hurling team in a final on sunday.

Same with the ladies, they never acknowledge when the Jackies are playing. I have written to them a number of times pointing this out but I haven't got anywhere with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

It must just slip their minds like Tipp FM with Tipp Footballers when they play and like 95fm in Limerick with their Footballers.
    Damn DJ's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    It must just slip their minds like Tipp FM with Tipp Footballers when they play and like 95fm in Limerick with their Footballers.
    Damn DJ's

I have no idea about 95FM imn Limerick but I would have said in the last few years Tipp FM have given very good coverage to the footballers, every single league game was covered live in full, the minor final is on this sunday also, it wasnt always the case but in fairness they have come round to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭robpurf

our job has 98fm piped over the intercom all day and its a farce of a station.if the OP is indeed a 98fm worker please do something to that horrendous morning crew to stop them ever broadcasting again

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 235 ✭✭Mullet

robpurf wrote: »
    our job has 98fm piped over the intercom all day and its a farce of a station.if the OP is indeed a 98fm worker please do something to that horrendous morning crew to stop them ever broadcasting again

Yea said radio station is on in our office and all last week they were promoting the dublin footballers game. this week not a whisper about the hurlers. A joke of a radio station. Bandwagon supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

Limerick 95FM cover all the Football games as well.They do a Good Job as well.

And up the Lilles on Sunday week as i have them backed at 11/2 to win lenister

• Registered Users Posts: 24,968 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

robpurf wrote: »
    A joke of a radio station. Bandwagon supporters.
    I agree - occasionally I have no option but to listen to it - pure and absolute skanger radio!

I find it incredible that some people listen to it by choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

They play the same stupid songs everyday at the same time.Give me two seconds with an Uzi 9mm and Kings Of Leon.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

I would hope this crap doesn't take of. If it is a free ad for 98fm ripping of the mildly annoying bible thumping john 3:7 (I asked my born again brother what it meant and he rhymed it off word for word, saddo) then cue loads of similar ads. Still only a matter time before the GAA start banning them and rightly so,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

patmac wrote: »
    I would hope this crap doesn't take of. If it is a free ad for 98fm ripping of the mildly annoying bible thumping john 3:7 (I asked my born again brother what it meant and he rhymed it off word for word, saddo) then cue loads of similar ads. Still only a matter time before the GAA start banning them and rightly so,

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Ha Ha

What a freggin Gobsheen

Advertisement