Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama's First Coup!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭JimmyFloyd

What's an Obama?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Eh what?

The President was trying to gather as much power to himself as he could, in ways which the Honduras Supreme Court ruled unconstitutional, and which most of the legislature disagreed with.

The army were wrong to arrest the president until the legislature had voted to impeach him, but he seems to have been aiming to overthrow democracy himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Funny. Obama's name is mentioned in the headline, but not once in the body of the article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I like a good South American leftist as much as the next man, but he did seem to overstep even what Hugo would do.

Even within his party there was unease about what he proposed.

Obama went as far as stating the coup was illegal (or words to that effect) which W would never have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

Power-grab by Latin American Prez leads to power-grab by Latin American Vice-Prez, with help of SOA trained military elements?

I don't really see 'good guys' in this. More like Latin American stereotypes, and Business as Usual. Fingers crossed it doesn't go civil war, tbh. Both sides crossed lines, and apparently the military has partially split.
    Do Not Want.

And I think if Obama tried a coup, he'd do a better job tbh...He has great PR! He would enter the country carried by children riding donkeys, and God would lower a teleprompter from the heavens, and He would preach the virtues of human unity in the Final Synthesis of Social Capitalism...He would promise both Cake *and* Pie, and all the country would swoon, then wake up the next day with a feeling of disappointment...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Advertisement