Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Airborne Toxic Event

Options
  • 29-06-2009 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Anyone else into these? Picked up their album and have to say their one of the best american bands ive heard in a while, apart from maybe Silverskin pickups. Havnt got much exposure over here although the odd single gets played on phantom. Some tunes I would reccomend to maybe listen on youtube before getting the album would be Happiness Is Overrated & Gasoline, although personally I like all the songs on the album, and their all different. On some of the songs they sound kinda like Vampire weekend but have better riffs. Oh and theyre playing oxegen...check em out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nallandnanyways

"Sometime around midnight"... beautiful song

And so there’s a change, in your emotions / And all these memories come rushing like feral waves to your mind / Of the curl of your bodies, like two perfect circles entwined / And you feel hopeless and homeless and lost in the haze of the wine

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnnyf_03

Agreed. Sometime Around Midnight is gorgeous. Like that album. Missed them in the Academy when they played at the start of May. Hope they don't clash with anyone at Oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Yeh its a good tune, have you's heard innoncence? Not the youtube versions, the album version, cracking song. Starts off so slow with like a stringed quartet then kicks in, its about his mother dying of cancer apparently. Anyhoo the album is just amazing, you have really slow\sad songs like those two then really fast songs like gasoline. Great range of songs for a debut album.

I think the Oxegen times are coming out today, think are meant to be playing the olympia in Nov aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Fidge13

love this band, sheer class altogether. Havent seen them live yet, missed them twice. Sometime Around Midnight....i think everyone has seen an idiot like that before!
    http://ohsitdown.wordpress.com/2009/02/19/the-airborne-toxic-event/

Advertisement