Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Raw Session

Options
  • 29-06-2009 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

went to the finals of this. Or maybe they are just semi-finals. The Dirty Epics played and I only liked the last song they did although they are a good live band, great voice on the singer.

What do people think of it? I read in the "Ticket" that the Dirty Epics were the best thing to come out of "the much derided Raw Sessions". I wonder is it getting a bit of a pop idol connotation......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

R.S.A.G is better but I do like the Dirty Epics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ledzepmad

the first song I heard him play made me skite up to the smoking area, but then I just heard the last bit of his last song coming down which sounded very good so I regretted that. I think the guy doing it is trying to promote original irish music it would just be a pity if it got a pop idol association...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

D Epics are great, and the girl is very pretty too.

Keep hearing good things about RSAG... off to listen to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

How did Sweet Jane fare? I didn't get a chance to watch any episodes after the one they appeared on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ledzepmad

thought the song sweet jane did was good but they came across as a bit arrogant or something......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ledzepmad wrote: »
    thought the song sweet jane did was good but they came across as a bit arrogant or something......

Sweet Jane are always bland to me. The singer has a good voice but the rest of the band and the music are just mediocre really. Plus their scenester look is a bit contrived.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Sweet Jane are always bland to me. The singer has a good voice but the rest of the band and the music are just mediocre really. Plus their scenester look is a bit contrived.
    I'm playin with them next week so i'll let ya know

ledzepmad wrote: »
    the first song I heard him play made me skite up to the smoking area, but then I just heard the last bit of his last song coming down which sounded very good so I regretted that. I think the guy doing it is trying to promote original irish music it would just be a pity if it got a pop idol association...
    Ah ya id indeed,musicial genius,the man can play anything,s experimental too and all those instruments by yourself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Times like this I wish Boards let you have a second account

Times like this I wish Boards let you have a second account

Eh they do. As long as you're not using it to get around being banned.

So.... you in Sweet Jane then?

• Advertisement

They do? Wow, I always thought there was an issue about having two users from the same IP etc. Hrmmm... excellent. And no, not in Sweet Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

dirty epics are ****e

They do? Wow, I always thought there was an issue about having two users from the same IP etc. Hrmmm... excellent. And no, not in Sweet Jane.
    Ah i'm always accused of being in bands i defend too know how ya feel

dirty epics are ****e
    repetative maybe...****e naaaa

HouseHippo wrote: »
    repetative maybe...****e naaaa

I think I'll just stick with ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 40YrOldSurgeon

Sour grapes here, I detect some Kilkenny solidarity.... possibly RSAGs token stalker

Straight in on the first post, no dinner or dancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

R.S.A.G. was the only unique act there.... Miles ahead of the rest in terms of talent, but sadly (or gladly) he just doesnt appeal to the masses as much as the rest, who I found were all the same, bar one band who sounded like beastie boys with chirsty dingham on lead vocals.... Gladly, I forget their name.

R.S.A.G. was the only unique act there.... Miles ahead of the rest in terms of talent, but sadly (or gladly) he just doesnt appeal to the masses as much as the rest, who I found were all the same, bar one band who sounded like beastie boys with chirsty dingham on lead vocals.... Gladly, I forget their name.
    They won unfortunately

Sour grapes here, I detect some Kilkenny solidarity.... possibly RSAGs token stalker

you signed up just to say that?:pac:

• Advertisement

HouseHippo wrote: »
    They won unfortunately

Infomatics won? Surely not the whole thing? That's a turn up for the books if they did, fairplay to them.

Infomatics won? Surely not the whole thing? That's a turn up for the books if they did, fairplay to them.
    Yeah they did...RSAG was robbed

Wow, unfortunate for RSAG but well played for a surprise win I'd have said. I wouldn't imagine the bookies would have put money on Infomatics, so I always love when an underdog comes out on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭cerebis

bought the recent hot press and started listening to the hot press raw cd...

i thought it was the biggest pile of ****e.... think the Dirty Epics and Infomatics are total crap... is there no light at the end of the new irish artists tunnel???

also lately there's been a lot of crappy 80s sounding bands/songs coming back (and not good 80s like the smiths etc)...i think it's bollocks tbh...

rant over....

p.s. - actually hot press seem to be pimping the same bands every issue...coronas, dirty epics, fontanels - yuk.. is there any new blood!??!

bar one band who sounded like beastie boys with chirsty dingham on lead vocals.... Gladly, I forget their name.

that's quality stuff right there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 freshtodeath

cerebis wrote: »
    that's quality stuff right there....

:rolleyes:

The Infomatics are excellent. If they weren't a hip-hop act would you still write them off?

The Infomatics are excellent. If they weren't a hip-hop act would you still write them off?

but they are....if my auntie was my uncle and all that....

jay-z is hip hop but i don't mind him....Dizzie Rascal is hip hop and he's ok...

"That time of the month...sh*t!"

Unfortunately no, they're not that good. But, hey, at least they're trying.

Advertisement