Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 euro tax!

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭Grandadsbear

mike65 wrote: »

Talk to Joe... it’s being discussed now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I keep my campervan in the driveway at home - I can't see that being classified as a second home.

Imagine the conversation with the judge -
    "So, where is this . . . motorhome . . . stored ?"
    "At home, yer onor"
    "You keep your second home in your first home ? How curious."
    "Yes, yer onor, that's what I was thinking meself, but you see it's not actually a home so I don't see how it fits into a second home tax."

z

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

zagmund wrote: »
    I keep my campervan in the driveway at home - I can't see that being classified as a second home.

Imagine the conversation with the judge -
    "So, where is this . . . motorhome . . . stored ?"
    "At home, yer onor"
    "You keep your second home in your first home ? How curious."
    "Yes, yer onor, that's what I was thinking meself, but you see it's not actually a home so I don't see how it fits into a second home tax."

z

The subject of motorhomes has just come up on liveline & they are not included.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Towed caravans might get caught though.

There are people that have them on hard stands in sites for most of the year (connected to electricity and water/waste water) and only ever take them away for a few weeks for holidays, if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

peasant wrote: »
    Towed caravans might get caught though.

There are people that have them on hard stands in sites for most of the year (connected to electricity and water/waste water) and only ever take them away for a few weeks for holidays, if at all.

Imagine trying to collect a tax from that group of people who make up the majority of caravan users and class themselves as an "ethnic minority in their own country".

That would be fun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement