Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OSX Tiger and Bootcamp

Options
  • 29-06-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Hey gang,

About a year ago, I installed a Windows partition on my HD using Bootcamp and I have barely used it.

Thing is, Bootcamp for Tiger was just a Beta and when Leopard was released, they pulled the Beta. I'm trying to delete the partition and I did I full re-install of Tiger using the Format HD option but it only formatted the Mac Partition and didn't touch the Windows Partition.

I think there was an option in the Bootcamp setup and instructions on how to remove the Partition but obviously I can get at that now.

Could someone tell me how I could go about getting rid of the cruddy Windows Partition?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭pvik00

im...LOST wrote: »
    Hey gang,

About a year ago, I installed a Windows partition on my HD using Bootcamp and I have barely used it.

Thing is, Bootcamp for Tiger was just a Beta and when Leopard was released, they pulled the Beta. I'm trying to delete the partition and I did I full re-install of Tiger using the Format HD option but it only formatted the Mac Partition and didn't touch the Windows Partition.

I think there was an option in the Bootcamp setup and instructions on how to remove the Partition but obviously I can get at that now.

Could someone tell me how I could go about getting rid of the cruddy Windows Partition?

Thanks

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1309

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

But that only works providing I've already downloaded the Beta. I've since re installed Tiger so the Beta package is gone.

Feck

But that only works providing I've already downloaded the Beta. I've since re installed Tiger so the Beta package is gone.

Feck

No problems at all.

Then it's the easiest if you use gparted live CD or similar to boot from, remove the bootcamp partition and extend the HFS+ one to span all the free space. Make sure that the desired partition is then made bootable.
    Before attempting all this do make sure you have a valid backup!

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Have you tried using Disk Utility to repartition the drive? I'm not sure Tiger's Disk Utility will be able to see the Bootcamp partition, but it's worth a shot, and it'd be easier than using gparted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Setting your Mac's date back to when the beta was still live allows full use of it again :P

• Advertisement

Breezer wrote: »
    Have you tried using Disk Utility to repartition the drive? I'm not sure Tiger's Disk Utility will be able to see the Bootcamp partition, but it's worth a shot, and it'd be easier than using gparted.

Thanks but sadly it can't.

It sees it but nearly all the options are greyed out unfortunately.

Thanks but sadly it can't.

It sees it but nearly all the options are greyed out unfortunately.

So what's wrong with gparted?
    It will let you do almost anything, but of course it doesn't hurt to know what you're doing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You can download the old Bootcamp beta here:

http://www.soft32.com/Download/Free/Apple_Boot_Camp/4-200398-1.html

Thanks, I'll download that when I've decent internet.

Advertisement