Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things be aware of when buying a Mobile Home??

Options
  • 29-06-2009 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I hope this is the right forum - cant find a specific one for mobile homes.

Im looking into buying a 3 year old mobile home 2006 at the minute

The average is about €25K delivered to site in wexford - the site fee is another matter altogether + decking + connection etc... :mad:

Just wondering is there anything that you need to look out for or be aware of when buying? - condition, maintaainance etc...

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

I'd say at only 3 yrs it should be in good nick.Maybes if it was rented for that time you may have a few bits broken,door catches/upholstery rips etc.

They are pretty simple most of em.I'd do a thorough check round all seats/ cuboards/doors /window catches.Get ona set of steps and have a good look at the roof for damage,check the gutters(if it has them)/the flue.Check in all corners for signs of damp.All the plumbing is underneath,usually standard fittings,make sure its all in order

Ideally you want to test whilst still conected to water mains and gas on,light up the water heater.

I installed and maintaned hundreds of these yokes all over Europe in a previous life. Give me a shout if you want some more detailed info:)

Also look at the chassis,I've seen a few vans with mangled ones from dodgy installation techniques;)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Kilree

Just bear in mind that there will be a huge financial hit to you if you decide to get out of the mobile in the next 5 or 6 years. Your deck will have no value and you will only be allowed to sell through the site owner. What is worth 25k today will probably be worth only a quarter of that in 5 years time.
    We have just given up our mobile recently after five years and I reckon that between annual site fees, depreciation and loss of value on deck shed etc. it has cost me about 4500 - 5000 per season to have the use of it over the 5 year period. My advice - think long and hard about what you will be getting into.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Dont forget the Gov €200 second home tax :p

Advertisement