Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer camp-computers

Options
  • 28-06-2009 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all

Helping out at a summer camp for a few days after we get hols.

Ive been asked to do some computer sessions and Id love if someone had some fun ideas for kids aged 7 - 9 and/or 9 - 12

Ive done some mini projects using Microsoft Word with my own 1st class this yr and they really enjoyed it.

Also started up Scratch Club after school with 5th and 6th. They had basic knowledge already so it was easy enough.

However if I was to do it with 3rd or 4th I'd have to start from...scratch (sorry!;) so Im a bit apprehensive about it!

Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Roll on Tuesday :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

hi

here are some ideas:

show the 12 yrs ones powerpoint and excel, and make their own virtual business (for example, they come up with a shop name, price exverything ect...) . theyll love that! . show them a webcam, and see themselves!

show any of them paint!, its in the start/all programs/accessories menu .

hope these ideas help!

ADD: show them how to print stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Animation studio paint shop pro keeps kids busy
    agree with powerpoint

showing them how to download mp3 from youtube??

Advertisement