Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

touch screen controller

Options
  • 28-06-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

im lookin for some kind of programmable touch screen controller. it needs to display about 6/8 buttons and to control a plc preferably. kind of thing used in a home automation system i guess.something that could provide a 12v output would be ideal or am i reaching at impossible here :) any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

We used a Siemens TP177A for our automation project this year which, once we figured it all out, worked very well allowing us to monitor and control multiple PLCs. Of course, we were using Siemens PLCs as well so not sure how compatible it would be with other makes and models. What type of PLC are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

was actually plannin on using siemens plcs as i can get the programming software for mac and they will connect to them. relatively new to using plcs. will take a look at those and see if it will do what i need

had a look at that hmi. seems to be wat im lookin for all i want it to display is buttons for on/off etc. is this possible. also could more than one be used on the same plc??

To be honest I barely touched (pun not intended) the surface of what the HMI could do but I'll post some screen shots of our set-up to give you an idea.

I'm certain you could use more than one on a PLC as the HMI works using an addressing system which points towards memory locations stored in data blocks on the PLC.

Some examples:

Distribution%202.jpg

This screen was focused on a particular station and informed the user of the status of the station and any errors which may be in effect as well as providing a possible solution.

Main%20Screen%201.jpg

This was the main screen and provided the operator with an overview of all three stations as well as informing them as to which processing options were in effect.

Processing%20Options.jpg

This screen provided the operator a means by which they could directly modify the operation of the three stations by choosing what happened to the differrent coloured parts.

thats perfect. looks exactly like what im looking for :) thanks for all of your help

• Advertisement

Your welcome. If you have any problems working with the touchscreen let me know and I'll see if I can give you some pointers though anything I know is based solely on information I learned from kicking the thing until it worked.

seems to be the best way to learn them is just to have a go your self :) will get my hands on one somewhere and see how i get on with it

Advertisement