Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a swim with the sharks

Options
  • 28-06-2009 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Been mulling over this since i seen the entries of the 50k horse.
    John Kabbaj scoped 700k ish in the pl world championship thus entering the 50k event. Now i`m taking a stab at this but i dont think Kabbaj`s BR would allow him or that he would allow himself to enter this event with such a sore price tag ( maybe i`m completely wrong on this ). (for the record i didnt check if he entered the 40k nlhm event and this would be an indicator of his BR)

Now to the question if say you/me etc actually clicked in an event for a big score would we enter this tourney that surely we would be -ev in taking into consideration that we may have limited experience of a tourney of this nature.

Now i have an understanding of all the HORSE games but not in the same zip code as 98% of the field but i defo think i`d give it a spin but thats probably just cos i`m a degenerate gambler and have the patience of a saint when it comes to limit games.

What would the rest of ye do?

By the way Kabbaj still motoring in this event....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Entering a tourney in which I don't understand 3/5 of the games would be like setting money on fire, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    Entering a tourney in which I don't understand 3/5 of the games would be like setting money on fire, no?

most of the guys on here dont understand No Limit Holdem imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

You'd be throwing 50k down the toilet, i sincerly doubt you have much understanding of HORSE tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

mdwexford wrote: »
    You'd be throwing 50k down the toilet, i sincerly doubt you have much understanding of HORSE tbh.

HORSE = 4 legs and tail...easy sure md :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

id guess he has sold some of his action. anyway - he is a regular in the bigger games in the VIC, he is also a reg 10/20 and 25/50 on Full Tilt and iPoker. He is also noted for managing his money very well.

id say he will do fine without our intervention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

most of the guys on here dont understand No Limit Holdem imo
    hehe, I can safely say for myself that I barely understand NLHE at this pointand only somewhat better at PLO

id guess he has sold some of his action. anyway - he is a regular in the bigger games in the VIC, he is also a reg 10/20 and 25/50 on Full Tilt and iPoker. He is also noted for managing his money very well.

id say he will do fine without our intervention.

I`d well believe he would and will but thats not wha i`m askin BCB..Would you give the 50k a spin if you clicked a big score in a pre event.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Whyno wrote: »
    I`d well believe he would and will but thats not wha i`m askin BCB..Would you give the 50k a spin if you clicked a big score in a pre event.

if I clicked like Jon did, then id take the 50 to a big cash game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

if i clicked like john did id take the 50k to the rhino

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I deffo would not and I am playing and have been working hard on improving in all the different games over the last year.

Surely even if you felt you might have a chance you would have played a couple of lower buyin tourneys before you would play the toughest one of all.

Just on John Kabbaj, he is a top notch card player and I mean in every discipline. He is not out of his league in that field. Also he is definitely roled to play it if he has entered.

• Advertisement

From wha i hear 50k would be shortstackin :)

I`ve met John Kabbaj and hes a real sound bloke and have no doubt in the wold that hed be more than capable of holding his own in the event which he is doing anyway.
    I actually prefer Richies idea...Stupid Horse event anyway..ONto Rhino :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

I'd rather put 50k on red :D

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    hehe, I can safely say for myself that I barely understand NLHE at this pointand only somewhat better at PLO

Well you'd have nothing to worry about, because you wouldn't be playing either at a HORSE table.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

its not his first time playing the 50k horse

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

If I clicked like Jon did I'd take 50k to Amsterdam.

Advertisement