Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Indoor Market!

Options
  • 28-06-2009 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

I was there the first day it opened, thought it was awful.

But I was there again today, and there was a guy selling slices of cake! Cake!
    twas amazing cake!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Astrogeek wrote: »
    twas amazing cake!

Where abouts is this amazing cake for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wina1

Was really disappointed with Market - it has major potential but there aren't enough stalls!!! Its not worth the visit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Astrogeek

There was a guy in a chief's jacket selling cake. I don't know if he is always there. The rest of the market is terrible though...

dh0661 wrote: »
    Where abouts is this amazing cake for sale?

Where is this Munster market held pleaseee - I love amazing cake :o

Oh it's by the radison (sp) hotel..

There's signs along the way, out of limerick and towards shannon.

It's on a Sunday

• Advertisement

Astrogeek wrote: »
    Oh it's by the radison (sp) hotel..
    There's signs along the way, out of limerick and towards shannon.
    It's on a Sunday

Thanks for that - might meet there sometime :)

Ya never know haha we could bond over CAKE! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

City forum that way lads - - - - - - >

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 petstop

Hi lads and ladies, give us a break. The market is only going a short while. it's going to be quiet this time of year due to hols etc. As for the lack of traders, well there vare alot of outdoor markets at the moment but i'm convinced that come winter the market will be packed with all sorts ofv traders, otherwise i wouldn't br there every week with my pet stall. As for the cake, yes i agree its fab, so lads don't be put off by first impressions give us a chance, support local, support small home grown business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Apart from the cake stall & the pet stall, what else is currently there?

I pass by that area about twice a month, keep seeing the signs & tempted to go for a look.

is there an entrance fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 petstop

No entrance fee, there are anteques, brick a brack, face painting, various food and cheeses stalls, household goods, tea and coffee, carboot sale, so there is a wide and varied selection of godsk, hope to see you there soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Hello all,

Is this on every Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kbells

I've been to munster market. It's open every sunday 11-5. I'm really into food stalls and the food there is really good. The cakes are amazing, especially this chocolate truffle cake - yum yum. There is a brilliant cheese stall as well and a great veg stall. Some people that own restaurants sell some of their branded goods too. There is a lot of stalls there other than food like the pet stall, furniture, antiques, toys, painting, jewellery, clothes, handbags and a blacksmith that makes beautiful gates and candle holders etc.

I do think it needs more stalls as well but I reckon it will get busier once the winter sets in as it's all covered by a roof which will come in handy in the lovely Irish weather ;)

I bet if they get the stalls it will be pretty awesome around christmas time (at least I hope so because I live nearby and it will be great to get a lot of my stuff for christmas here instead of battling the traffic and fighting to get a parking space in town). Parking is free too which is a big bonus.

Like the guy with the pet stall said, in the current economic situation it's good to support local people so lets try not to be so negative guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭mumof3angels

Hi where is this market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Hi where is this market

The market is in Cratloekeel,Co Clare.

Your best bet due to the road works if you are heading from limerick from at LIT roundabout go to the old Cratloe Road keep on that road you will eventually see a sign for the Market. Its the old ball bearing factory building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

The word of the cake must be spreading as she was sold out of the Choc Truffle by the time I got there! But the brownies were MMMmmmmmmm.:D

It looks like it is getting bigger all the time with a few people telling me it was only the first or second week they were there.

Took a few pics they are up -[ Here ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Sounds like a great idea.Hopfully if they keep out all the crappy and tacky stuff,travellers and other bad traders selling fake/poor quality stuff.Please tell me your not selling pets from a market??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 catginger

I visited the market recently as was very impressed on the amount of stalls there were compared to 2 months ago.

Very nice man there sells chickens, ducks and accessories etc. Got myself 4 hens!!

The weather was real bad on my last visit so was glad that 95% of it was indoors. If you take time to have a good look around you will find some real interesting people selling quality items.

I found a little gallery tucked away at the back of the main hall selling some really good canvas photos of Clare and Connemara. Also a lovely knitwear stall. Yes the food stalls are a must and some very nice sausages and lamb chops at a very reasonable price.

Small stalls selling home-made cards for birthdays etc.

Yes i agree there is some tatt there but hopefully the more quality stalls will outnumber and make up for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

grenache wrote: »

Clare, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Hmm, I'd never heard of the market before. I might take a visit out there myself sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Hangsangwich

There is an indoor Christmas Market on tomorrow Sat 5th at The Organic College, Dromcollogher, Co. Limerick from 2-5 pm.
    It should be very good family day out. The students have done loads to prepare for it, and have invited many local producers sellling yummy produce.
    There will be live music and face-painting for kids.
    It promises to be a really good day out. Hope lots of people support it.
    There will be lots of bargains and fun.
    For more info, go to
    http://organiccollege.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

golden wrote: »
    The market is in Cratloekeel,Co Clare.

Is it still going ? May visit it sometime if it is.

Advertisement