Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Time Course advise

Options
  • 28-06-2009 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Am a 34 year old female...no degree but a diploma in Public Relations from CIT. Am a great employee with a wealth of experience from book keeping, credit control, wages to great management skills and make a great PA(+ a nice cup of tea!)

Have successfully managed small companies/offices both here and abroad.

Am working full time and am thinking of doing a business course in CIT this Autumn. Any ideas? Was going to do an accounting course but am crap with figures, so marketing/business looked like a logical step as I enjoy office management.

Any one do the courses out there? Reason for course is to keep the mind ticking and for future upgrade career prospects.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭giveliberty

Hey

Well a degree in HRM is always a good foundation, and with your wealth of practical experience you should be a shoe in.

Have you always worked in offices that are in the same industry?

You may also want to explore the possibility (and i stress possibility) that you could (depending on your experience) apply for a masters and just by-pass the under grad. This is a difficult route but is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭iguana2005

Hey

Well a degree in HRM is always a good foundation, and with your wealth of practical experience you should be a shoe in.

Have you always worked in offices that are in the same industry?

You may also want to explore the possibility (and i stress possibility) that you could (depending on your experience) apply for a masters and just by-pass the under grad. This is a difficult route but is possible.

THanks for that - didnt even think of HMR - must look it up and see what it entails. Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭iguana2005

iguana2005 wrote: »
    THanks for that - didnt even think of HMR - must look it up and see what it entails. Thanks for that

Sorry HRM - jeez now I look real thick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dblstudent

You could look to do a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) qualification. Thats the main HRM qualification I think. Loads of places around that do them.

Advertisement