Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi - Lost Property

Options
  • 28-06-2009 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

A family member just left his jacket and passport in a taxi coming form the Airport.

I know the carriage office is the place to go, but would a taxi driver also hand it into a Garda station, or should we just wait until tomorrow and report it in Dublin Castle?

Any advice would be great.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

MiniD wrote: »
    A family member just left his jacket and passport in a taxi coming form the Airport.

I know the carriage office is the place to go, but would a taxi driver also hand it into a Garda station, or should we just wait until tomorrow and report it in Dublin Castle?

Cheers.

It is the Carriage Office for lost property from taxis. Garda stations won't normally handle lost property though some stations may forward it onto the Carriage Office HQ in Dublin Castle. Of course, getting it back is dependent on the driver finding and dropping them in upon finding it so try them tomorrow or Tuesday; if he can pop in personally it may be quicker sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

MiniD wrote: »

Cheers.

Carriage is worth a try ,BUT no matter what time of the day you phone it ,,,it rings and rings and rings ,,,,or You could go to the canteen the taxi drivers use in the taxi holding area and place a sign/notice ,on the notice board .Giving approx time ,,colour /type of car (if possible )ect ect
    Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭MiniD

Thanks for the replies folks. I'll check the carriage office later.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kajo

Just for everbodys information all taxis taken from Dublin airport are recorded...so the quick way to get your stuff back is to contact Dublin Airport asap... my bet is that you will have your stuff back in 1 or 2 hours... don't forget to pay the driver for his trouble .. time is money ect... nice to be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hkilclin

I got a taxi from Four Courts to at 1pm to Mountpleasant Avenue and back to courts on 14/3/18 and i let my keys fall on floor. Can the taxi driver please contact me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement