Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astronomy Ireland

Options
  • 28-06-2009 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey, my brother and I were thinking of joining Astronomy Ireland and doing the evening classes that start in October. We're both in our 20s but really don't have a clue about Astronomy, just thought it'd be something interesting to get into. Does anyone have any opinions on these classes? Are they for beginners? Are they worth it?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Hey, my brother and I were thinking of joining Astronomy Ireland and doing the evening classes that start in October. We're both in our 20s but really don't have a clue about Astronomy, just thought it'd be something interesting to get into. Does anyone have any opinions on these classes? Are they for beginners? Are they worth it?

Ive done the classes, and although I dont like AI, the lecturer (who worked for nasa in Dublin) is actually very good and you can get a lot out of the classes. But it's a trade up because there's a bit of selling involved along the way but if you can stay strong I would actually recommend these classes, just hate theyre ai!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mrmurroe

Johnny, see my post here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055536925&page=7

I did the course (in Limerick) as a complete novice earlier this year and found it worthwhile. 8 lectures delivered very professionally by a UL Engineering lecturer. Don't bother with the book that is 'recommended' as part of the course but do get the Philips sky charts if you don't already have them. The 'free' magazine subscription is average.

Try and get to your local Astronomy club too.

Advertisement