Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 26th june Station Road

Options
  • 28-06-2009 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what happened at 3am on station road? i was passing the house at that hour and saw the gards arriving with an emergency doctor car. I noticed the garda van is still there today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

From what I've heard someone was stabbed to death!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

oh no. thats awful. Do they know who did it? And was it an old or young person who died?

Didn't hear sorta specific details! Think it was someone young enough,stabbed multiple times and they found the knive....but now wouldn't take it as gospel yet!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,168 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

typically port was full of rumours...

a woman in her low-mid 50's was found dead... first rumours were it was a robbery gone wrong... next rumours were she died of a fall.... third batch of rumours said a knife was involved....

i would be very surprised if foul play was obvious because it wasnt mentioned on ANY news report during the day.....

yeh i was surprised too it wasnt on the news. Considering the gards were there all weekend and that they had cordoned off the house.

• Advertisement

That all makes sense now.....was a bit sceptical about it since there was no official news anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Silent Rain

Not 100% sure of the full story, but I think a woman died after a fall. From what I gather she fell awkwardly on a vase or something and there was quite a bit of blood, so obviously it was cordoned off until investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

ah the portarlington rumour machine, it was working overdrive at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Not 100% sure of the full story, but I think a woman died after a fall. From what I gather she fell awkwardly on a vase or something and there was quite a bit of blood, so obviously it was cordoned off until investigated.

Thats sums it up perfectly.

stevoman wrote: »
    ah the portarlington rumour machine, it was working overdrive at the weekend.
    Lol....nothing else interesting in the town!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

There was always the dare devil stunt show.......

or you could look at the muppet boy racers driving around town 50 times a night:D

Like I said....nothing interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

the old dear died of a heart attack she wasnt murdered

i suppose it would be proper if this thread is deleted......

mods?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Hey Sid,
    Give them a PM if you think it should be deleted. The mods don't actively mod here on an hourly basis as i don't think they care about recycling centres and places to get your hair cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

Please delete this thread.

May the poor lady rest in peace.

RIP

pm away

apologies guys didnt mean to offend anyone by bringing up the topic. Was just wondering had anyone heard what had happened.

RIP lady that passed away

Not offending someone by asking a question!

Advertisement