Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dietician - fees / options for mature student

Options
  • 28-06-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,
    Does anyone know what the fees are for the four year undergrad BSc Human Nutrition & Dietetics in DIT?

I'm a mature student with a Science Degree.

Also, are there any other courses available part-time / correspondance that would allow you to qualify and practice as a clinical dietician?

So far from my research there seems to be only two ways - the BSc in DIT or University of Ulster.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭giveliberty

Hi

Click here for a full list of courses available in Ireland.

The DIT Mature Student Advisor can be emailed at: cathy.mccartney@dit.ie

However I wouldn't think you would qualify as a mature student in the free fees sense of the word, as you have already completed an undergrad.

DIT fees for 2009 were €2900 plus Reg Fee of €900 pa. The best and quickest way to get a response is to email the respective colleges. You are as good as guaranteed a response in 2 weeks.

Hope this is of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 expectant

Thanks for that info I will contact DIT directly about the fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

To get onto the BSc Human Nutrition & Dietetics at DIT is extremely difficult. There are only 3 places for mature students. Most people with a primary degrees go to Scotland to do a post grad in it. Robert Gordan is one of the unis. I think there is another uni which offers it. Check ucas.com

If you are waiting to apply next year, 2010 maybe see if you could get work as a dietitian assistant in a hospital, or work with companies dealing with nutrition like Nutricia or Milupa.

Also, work experience is a must!

Advertisement