Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

short hair style advice needed PLEASE!

Options
  • 28-06-2009 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have short(not extreme) wavy/curly hair and my brothers wedding is coming up in 9weeks.... i am hoping some hairdresser can do something special with it other than just bloody straighten it, flick it up or poof it up or do SOMETHING..... does anyone have any links or suggestions or ideas? I live in cork city....
    ps the bride is a hairdresser as are all her friends and they didnt like me cutting my hair in first place so i am really eager to impress (and feel like i look nice myself)....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dublintuition

well, for starters, if you want long hair for it, just get some pin-in hair extensions for the day.

If not, there are loads of lovely styles they can do for you, but maybe just a different blowdry will make it look very different

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Thanks... not keen on extensions idea but i am hoping a clever stylist can do something nice.... it is long enough to be styled...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Get it put into curls and have them pinned back to give volume and shape to your head without much fuss? Or tight pin curls look great on short hair, espically with a small sleek hairband to break them up. My sister had ear length hair for her debs and she got a 1950's sort of look with the front part of her hair backcombed and the back sleek, sort of a large quiff look with a flower pinned to one side. Not sure it'll work on you since my hair is very very straight but for a friend's hairdressing graduation exam thing I was her upstyle, I got sections pinned back in different directions, sort of curled in on themselves, with a large red ribbon as a hairband, looked funky.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

sounds great taram, i wish you had pics! i could post a pic of my head (recent maybe) but i probably look stupid... i looked up some websites but most ppl who said their hair was short had at least jawlength hair and mine is slighlty shorter (think an outgrown pixie look)

did you/your sister get their hair done in cork? if so where?!

Advertisement