Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel Jeans for Guys

Options
  • 27-06-2009 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey,
    Does anyone happen to know where to get Diesel Jeans for guys in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Assuming you mean real Diesel jeans, you can buy them in Arnotts, Brown Thomas, BT2 and House of Fraser.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jogoeire

Thanks for your reply! cool :) Diesel.com dont list a store in ireland. Ill check out those stores 8-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

There are two Diesels, Diesel Industry (the expensive one) and Diesel, the non expensive one. I have worn the two and they are grand. The dear ones, as the man said in BTs, BT2, Arnotts, the not dear ones, Jeanscene and "Diesel" stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Arnotts have a sale on jeans at the moment, including Diesel jeans, up to 40%off.

If you're on the other side of town then Genius on Clarendon Street also do Diesel jeans, they too have a sale on.

I think arnotts are getting a visit tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's a shop on Upper Liffey St (on your right about 3 shops down, down when your walking from Henry St) that stocks Diesel stuff, not 100% on jeans but think they do stock Diesel jeans.

Hmm I think I remember a "Unique Boutique" type place around there... must be to the left or right of it. HOPE YOU DONT MEAN UNIQUE BOUTIQUE. Although they did cloth me very well during my poverty ridden teens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

jogoeire wrote: »
    I think arnotts are getting a visit tomorrow.

Let us know how you get on!

jogoeire wrote: »
    Hmm I think I remember a "Unique Boutique" type place around there... must be to the left or right of it. HOPE YOU DONT MEAN UNIQUE BOUTIQUE. Although they did cloth me very well during my poverty ridden teens

Nah it's not Unique, although it's one or two shops closer to Henry St way on the same side as Unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Gav, that Diesel's the Irish stuff that's fairly ****e quality

• Advertisement

jdivision wrote: »
    Gav, that Diesel's the Irish stuff that's fairly ****e quality

Aw right, my bad. Just remember seeing stuff in the window when I walk past it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

No worries, just said I'd better say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 happyguy

watch out for the fake ones....your mates will laugh at you if you dont know there fake and tell them they are diesel jeans..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 islay

It was done to death in another thread but the diesel clothing that is being sold in store that are not BT's etc are not fake they are a different reputable irish brand in their own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

islay wrote: »
    It was done to death in another thread but the diesel clothing that is being sold in store that are not BT's etc are not fake they are a different reputable irish brand in their own right.

They are fake. They're clearly a cheap knock-off of the Italian label. They even use the same style writing on the logo ffs.

PS, do you work for diesel ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 islay

You may think they are knock offs and your entitled to your opinon. But the brand was established in 1979 why would somebody want to 'copy' a small brand that had only been in existence for a year.

I am personally not Diesel target market as I like retro/high fashion clothing and neither of the brands provide this! But in a time when operations are shutting down should we not be supporting an Irish brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

You may think they are knock offs and your entitled to your opinon. But the brand was established in 1979 why would somebody want to 'copy' a small brand that had only been in existence for a year.

I can't answer that; only diesel ireland can. Perhaps the Italian diesel showed early signs that they would be hugely successful on a global scale, and the Irish company wanted to jump on the bandwagon.

Like I said earlier, if it's not a cheap knock-off, then why are diesel ireland using the exact same style of lettering on their logos?

And why don't they sell their products in the UK?

I am personally not Diesel target market as I like retro/high fashion clothing and neither of the brands provide this! But in a time when operations are shutting down should we not be supporting an Irish brand.

Yes, I fully support Irish businesses, but not one which blatently commits breaches of copyright. Besides, even if there were no copyright issues, I still wouldn't buy the Diesel Ireland clothes anyway, as I think they are quite poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

This HAS been done to death but Islay is very much in the minority from the last thread there was and probably does work for the brand. I hate this "support Irish" mentality when it's quite obvious Diesel Ireland's font and apparel are deliberately designed to hoodwink people into thinking they're buying the real brand, whilst they never actually advertise or have a website to make sure they can keep on relying on the misguided ignorance of their customers.

Diesel Ireland is not reputable, it's an absolute sham. What a coincidence that they registered the company here a year after the Italian Diesel was set up. Again, just another mad coincidence

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Alright guys, choose your words carefully so that we don't get boards in any sort of trouble. Opinion is fine, unsupported claims are not. Thank you. :)

Edited to say that if this already off-topic debate goes out of hand I will have to close the thread, and I don't want to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

My favorite jeans just happen to be Diesel jeans (the real ones)
    The Irish Diesel is a bit of a scam but hey they dont force you to buy them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

i gota pair of jeans in Pennies for €8

Advertisement