Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hair disaster

Options
  • 27-06-2009 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

my hair is naturally red and often got it coloured to cover grey - however, i got it done today and it's way too dark :( if i went back would a lighter colour cover thje dark color now with highlights or something???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jenkaxxx

if its really dark you would have to get the colour stripped out of it which would bring it back to a ginger/red colour but thats quite expensive.. on the other hand you could lighten wit a few highlights or red tones but that mite not make much difference unless they were bleached....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭buttercupbee

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    my hair is naturally red and often got it coloured to cover grey - however, i got it done today and it's way too dark :( if i went back would a lighter colour cover thje dark color now with highlights or something???
    U dont say what colour was put in it but if its dark brown then most ppl wud have to worry but with ur natural colour of red underneath it wont be long fading out if u follow these tips:

Buy Baby shampoo - Its formulated to remove 'cradle cap' and also lightens
    Also get ur hands on sm Fairy liquid, I often have to use it and Lemon is the best. Condition with anything rich by Pantene afterwards.
    If u wash ur hair with water as hot as u can take, either two will work a treat - do it everyday for til ur happy. U should see the dye FLY out in the water.

Saturate ur hair with strong hairspray, really go to town, let it dry itself, then wash as above.
    U can also put in lemon juice, again soak it, put in shower cap, wrap hot towel on top, wash out as above.

Dyed my hair with Medium Chestnut Brown 4 days ago, it turned out V dark brown but have bn doing these since.
    I also soaked in hot Olive Oil, that didnt work tho and took 3 Fairy washes to remove.

Hope Ive helped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

coca cola and soda crystals fantastic for fading hair, not mixed together.. either or.. otherwise get it stripped.. very bad for your hair and not recommended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭carasbars

scarymoon1 wrote: »

Maybe ring your hairdresser and explain that its too dark? You did pay for something you're not happy with after all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭rockchik

Whatever you do dont get your hair stripped!!!!I had it stripped about 2 years ago and my hair was destroyed!!Had it done in Peter Marks and I was there from 9.30 until 5 and my hair was so brittle and dry for months after it!and I was using treatments in it but it didnt recover until it grew out!I wanted to lighten my hair recently and my hairdresser said Head And Shoulders shampoo strips the colour from your hair so I used that for a few weeks and then she just used a toner to lighten my hair and I didnt need to get it stripped!!But you should really go back to your hairdresser if your not happy with it because they should be able to do something for you!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement