Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like my DCG assignment?

Options
  • 27-06-2009 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

This is the scanned assignment that I submitted last February. I was just wondering if I may have left anything out, what standard it is and what grade you think I might get in it. I would appreciate constructive criticism, if any.

What do you think 7 votes

Aced it!
    0% 0 votes
    Very good
    14% 1 vote
    Meh
    28% 2 votes
    Absolutely terrible!
    57% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Its ok however there are quite a few aspects of it that could be improved.

Firstly you didn't include a large image of the docking station you modeled.
    Secondly the layout and overall look of the project could be improved. Text should be printed. Boarders should be consistent throughout all of sheets. Any wavy boarders should be aligned to the horizontal or vertical. The layout of some of the sections could be better as some appear to have been placed where they would fit.
    Thirdly you have not included the right number of sheets for each section as set out in the guidelines (These were followed in the example project.)

On the positive side of things though many of your larger sketches are done very well. The solidworks work also looks as well it was done well.

Of course I highly doubt the examiners will be as critical with the layout of the project as the points going for it will more than likely be limited. As we don't have a standard or marking scheme I would prefer not to guess about a grade however I think you did ok.

Edit: I would also suggest that you edit those images to remove your exam number. It is not the best piece of information to leave lying around.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Sounds like we're done here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement