Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitter WTF

Options
  • 27-06-2009 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Why is twitter all over the radio, TV and papers. I cant understand how the press are giving it so much publicity. Its just another social networksite, so what if its the new fab! I dont want to read blogs about y list celebrites eating soup and reading a newspaper. Who cares!

I started off on Bebo many moons ago, after much ranting and raving I gave in to the Facebook phenomon. I've built up a sizeble friends base, added countless photo's and music files. Now Twitter arrives No fecking way am I going to move again and have my facebook account turn into one of those webpages on the dormant geocites site. Facebook, I'm here to stay!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Twitter is the spawn of Satan.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

I just put ads up in Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Twitter ate your children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Lexus1976 wrote: »
    Why is twitter all over the radio, TV and papers. I cant understand how the press are giving it so much publicity. Its just another social networksite, so what if its the new fab! I dont want to read blogs about y list celebrites eating soup and reading a newspaper. Who cares!

I started off on Bebo many moons ago, after much ranting and raving I gave in to the Facebook phenomon. I've built up a sizeble friends base, added countless photo's and music files. Now Twitter arrives No fecking way am I going to move again and have my facebook account turn into one of those webpages on the dormant geocites site. Facebook, I'm here to stay!

Thanks for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

It's for Twits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

If you don't do Twitter, then you are a twit!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm bored. Think I'll have a drink of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I think whats worse is all the celebrities who are on it talkin ****e.

When Michael Jackson died we had all the celebrity "tweets" written being read out on news channels and being put as quotes on newspapers. Kate Perry had a post saying "Oh my God". Bloody retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I use it to stalk celebrities

Facebook is ghey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

It's not really your classic social networking site. It's handy to log on to to catch breaking news stories. Also useful for businesses, groups, politicians etc. to keep people up to date with happenings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

It's because quite often news is reported faster on twitter to a wider audience than actual news websites or TV stations.

A lot of it is utter filth and not worth reading but in some cases it does have its uses.

Kate Perry had a post saying "Oh my God". Bloody retarded.

Dunno about her but Katy Perry is hot, so I don't care what she says.

I can imagine Lilly Allen's Twits................Oh no, had to lie on the wet spot in the bed again................

liah wrote: »
    It's because quite often news is reported faster on twitter to a wider audience than actual news websites or TV stations.

A lot of it is utter filth and not worth reading but in some cases it does have its uses.

It's ridiculously quick and useful when stuff happens tbh. I despise it, but it does have a function. I signed up and doubt I'll ever sign in again, unlike some people I can wait the extra 3 minutes for news to reach TV/someone to tell me. :pac:

galwayrush wrote: »
    I can imagine Lilly Allen's Twits................Oh no, had to lie on the wet spot in the bed again................

"I'm currently having unsatisfying sex. Just had an idea for a new song."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I still write the occasional letter for the nostalgia buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

twatter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    twatter...

hope that didn't take you too long to come up with..

galwayrush wrote: »

Sorry to quote myself, but i can't stop thinking about her Twits, without the w.:D

SV wrote: »
    hope that didn't take you too long to come up with..

It didnt, but i think succinctly describes this new phenomenon, perhaps even some posters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

It didnt, but i think succinctly describes this new phenomenon, perhaps even some posters.

Hardly.
    a succesful social networking site so they're..twats?
    Ohh some posters eh? Poor attempt at an insult. :rolleyes:

SV wrote: »
    Hardly.
    a succesful social networking site so they're..twats?
    Ohh some posters eh? Poor attempt at an insult. :rolleyes:

Oh dear, a little bit sensitive are we:rolleyes:and other such silly smilies, didnt realise you were so in love with the site. Yes in my opinion they certainly are, posters on twitter! I havent opened an account seen as i have read in some papers the total drivel which celebrity twatterites keep us informed with, the only one i can remember reading was from boxer Kenny Egan, "anything decent on the box tonight", that was the most interesting of his posts, so forgive me if im not enamoured with this wonderful site:rolleyes::P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

I still dont fully grasp the concept of Twitter....at least I hope I dont.

What exactly is compelling about a 15 word sentence about somebody eating dinner?

Are people not aware there are actually worthwhile things to read out there?

Where will this all lead? Maybe Ill start my own social networking site called "letter" where you simply post one letter of the alphabet for people to read. Im sure it would be a massive hit:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Don't like Twitter, infact I hate it. How can one find it interesting reading a sentence or two about their friends current life and being completely blown away with enjoyment and then to walk away from your computer marvelling the wonders of social networking. Normal life is boring except for the one living it, unless something particularly exciting happens, but then people would want to read more than a 10 word sentence or two about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

In Twitter, as in all things, if you are following people you don't find interesting or who you don't find engaging, you're doing it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭brendanuk

Maybe Ill start my own social networking site called "letter" where you simply post one letter of the alphabet for people to read. Im sure it would be a massive hit:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeLZCy-_m3s

In Twitter, as in all things, if you are following people you don't find interesting or who you don't find engaging, you're doing it wrong.

Thing is, when im making friends in the real world, i dont generally take into account their capabilities to make interesting 'tweets'.

I'm starting my own social network thingy, calling it,
    Talking Shíte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Thing is, when im making friends in the real world, i dont generally take into account their capabilities to make interesting 'tweets'.

Generally interesting, engaging people make interesting, engaging tweets. Would you be friends with someone who didn't appeal to you? Probably not. So don't follow tweeters who don't appeal to you. Simple as like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Fair enough, but Twitter - unlike Facebook - isn't all about people you would meet in real life. It allows people to talk to and converse with peers they might never otherwise be able to engage with.

Advertisement