Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts of Leningrad

Options
  • 27-06-2009 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭

Stumbled across this page. It's a series of pictures showing Leningrad during the war superimposed onto modern pictures from exactly the same place, angle etc. Very well done in my opinion.

Sample here but there is loads on the page linked above.

leningrad_06.jpg
    leningrad_66.jpg
    leningrad_28.jpg
    leningrad_31.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Very impressive, though the Russians have always been good at Photoshop, even before it was invented, with the now you see em, now you don't, photos of Stalin's "pals" at the Red Square parades.

It's ironic that one of the photos had a hoarding advertising MediaMarkt, the German computer/electronics retailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

That is excellent - I have seen lots of 'then and now' photos and even have one of a panzer man in Konstanz then and now, but never seen them displayed like that. Very good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i seen a few of them here.....
    http://www.ww2incolor.com/updates

cant find them now tough

Advertisement