Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox Live 1 Month membership -> €1!

Options
  • 27-06-2009 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

If you're a silver member on XBox Live, scroll to the spotlight tab and there is an option to upgrade to Gold 1 month for €1 (£1 UK and $1 USA [pfft]).

Be wary of submitting your credit card details though, cause after 1 month, if you dont cancel it, they charge you premium prices, and automatic renewal of 1 month at a time:eek:

time to reorder my 3V card. 3 to 5 working days before i get it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

Mabey it's to appease the people who got their gold memberships messed up by their hotmail accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

is the monthly subscription easy to cancel then? i.e. you can do it at the touch of a button and don't have to go ringing Microsoft up and have to listen to why it's so good to keep it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    is the monthly subscription easy to cancel then? i.e. you can do it at the touch of a button and don't have to go ringing Microsoft up and have to listen to why it's so good to keep it

Word is it can be a pain in the ar*e to get it cancelled. As the lads said, use a 3v.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Adamcp898 wrote: »

You have to ring them and listen to their crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 robdig

i rang microsoft yesterday to cancel my 12month subscription and it wasnt any real hassle the person was very helpful and overall they were a pleasure to deal with

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

You have to ring Mombai but they're grand.

Couple of minutes.
    If they ask you why you're canncelling your sub tell them you're switching to the prepaid card so they won't give you any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    If you're a silver member on XBox Live, scroll to the spotlight tab and there is an option to upgrade to Gold 1 month for €1 (£1 UK and $1 USA [pfft]).

Be wary of submitting your credit card details though, cause after 1 month, if you dont cancel it, they charge you premium prices, and automatic renewal of 1 month at a time:eek:

time to reorder my 3V card. 3 to 5 working days before i get it...

You should look at this option too, way better than 3V & you can use it in any ATM as well. Pack can be bought in any participating store for €6 once off payment.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

You should look at this option too, way better than 3V & you can use it in any ATM as well. Pack can be bought in any participating store for €6 once off payment.

Very interesting indeed! Never even knew about that option,could cut out those pesky finished 3v Vouchers with like 2e left on them! :rolleyes: Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

You can buy a 12month Gold membership on ebay for €34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

GBX wrote: »
    Word is it can be a pain in the ar*e to get it cancelled. As the lads said, use a 3v.

You can just go to xbox.com and cancel it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

bevan619 wrote: »
    Are you sure about that?

How to manage credit card payment options in Xbox LIVE Account Management
    Microsoft wrote:
    Note You will be unable to remove a credit card which is currently associated to any active Microsoft subscription that is under your Microsoft Billing account.

[...]

To remove all payment methods, you will need to contact Xbox LIVE support.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

No you cant, the site wouldnt let me do it, I had to ring mickeysoft and get the cardholder (not me) to cancel it, ****in idiots about it aswell...

On the plus side ive been getting free Live since!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

I did it 2 days ago.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soaqoMvPxnw

That's the video that I used.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I did it 2 days ago.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soaqoMvPxnw

That's the video that I used.

That video is pointless as you cannot have an active sub.

When you pay your euro for the gold membership you have an active sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

Could someone please give me the number for microsoft that you have to call to cacel?
    Thanks for your help

found it(eventually!!..) dont think i can put it up here but here it is- 01 2420758

Advertisement