Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ktoe?

Options
  • 27-06-2009 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

HI there,

Residential energy flow of 2918 ktoe,

is that 2918,000 kwh per annum?

(I am looking the find the average houshold energy usage in a particular town, going to divide 2918,000 by Irelands population then multiply by population of town am I on the right track)

Thanks

Reg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

1 ktoe =11630000 kwh
    From (http://www.iea.org/Textbase/stats/unit.asp)

Households can be deceptive with energy usage though, But you can get a rough guesstimation from this yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Register1

Thanks for that AH!

Reg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Register1 wrote: »
    HI there,

Residential energy flow of 2918 ktoe,

is that 2918,000 kwh per annum?

(I am looking the find the average houshold energy usage in a particular town, going to divide 2918,000 by Irelands population then multiply by population of town am I on the right track)

Thanks

Reg

I suspect the better way to solve the problem is to get the figures from ESB
    The problem is each town can vary a lot to do with the industry in the town. A town with no industry would have very little average per household.A town with a lot of industry such as Arklow with ferilizer fabrication plants might have very high average household energy if the industry isnt seperated out

With ESB they might give the total of the ROI electric use per day in Mwh and then sub devide sections of that into industry and private dwelling in a per day format .If it is annual format it might be better to divide the numbers by 365 to get daily rates if that suits your project requirements

If you get some number of like 1600 Mwh per day for all Ireland for all private dwelling then you can use the total of all private house in ROI then divide that and maybe come out with a number like 25kwh per day for each individual house .Then multipy that for one year 25kwh *365 and that is the annual useage in kwH or Mwh and then multiply that number with the calculator from IEA and get the mtoe metric ton oil equivalents for each house annual use

Assuming the average house used 25Kwh per day that makes about roughly 2 kilos of oil per day or some 9125kwh per annum and that make 0.78mtoe annualy or aabout 3/4 ton of oil per annum

your chances to get the exact figure for one invidual town is more tricky but if you do get it you can compare its average to the national average

Do us a favour and and show us your final results for the town you chose and the national average if you go there and that lets us see how much energy we use in a house in mtoe

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭maniac101

Register1 wrote: »
    To get energy use per household, you'll have to divide by the total no. of households in the republic (see here) and multiply by the no. of households in your town.
    derry wrote: »
    I suspect the better way to solve the problem is to get the figures from ESB
    No. ESB are only concerned with electricity. The OPs figures are for total final energy use in households. This includes gas, oil, coal, peat, renewables, etc.
    The problem is each town can vary a lot to do with the industry in the town. A town with no industry would have very little average per household.A town with a lot of industry such as Arklow with ferilizer fabrication plants might have very high average household energy if the industry isnt seperated out
    No. The OP's figures are for residential, and already exclude industrial energy use. IFI Arklow closed years ago by the way!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

maniac101 wrote: »

IFI Arklow closed years ago by the way!

Yeah I knew that so I decided to say that to see if there was any intelegent life left in this forum

Now next time when the OP comes on with a new question for his project you can answer it for him as this is his second bite of the apple so probably be back for more and your elected to know all the solutions

Me I normally work out the GTOE for the planet and if you want you can confirm the planet uses 300 TOES per second or if we assume a average jet liner has 60 tons of fuel than 5 jets slamming into a WTC a second a real big local event but insignificant in the size of the planet, sorta eqivaleant to a fly passing wind inside a jet plane could cause climate change inside the aircrafts passenger cabin area

Derry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

derry wrote: »
    Me I normally work out the GTOE for the planet and if you want you can confirm the planet uses 300 TOES per second or if we assume a average jet liner has 60 tons of fuel than 5 jets slamming into a WTC a second a real big local event but insignificant in the size of the planet, sorta eqivaleant to a fly passing wind inside a jet plane could cause climate change inside the aircrafts passenger cabin area
    What in the blue hell are you on about?

I’m getting pretty tired of seeing you clog up threads with this kind of nonsense, so I’m going to refer you to the forum charter. Specifically, this bit:
    Replies should be kept on-topic
    Next time you post some kind of rambling gibberish like this, I will interpret it as a wilful breach of the charter.

Advertisement