Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House trained Cocker starting to "go" in house

Options
  • 27-06-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

My 4 year old cocker has been sleeping indoors for a couple of years, mainly because he was howling at 6 am every morning & annoying the neighbours.

He has always been a very clean dog, even when out walking where he will reverse into high grass to relieve himself.

My problem is that in the past week, on 3 different nights, he has peed & pood (4 or 5 poos) in the house. He has never done this before.

There are no changes to his routine & I can't understand what's happening.

I was awake at 6 this morning & at about 6.30 I heard him howling so I rushed downstairs to let him out in case he needed to go. Too late! The kitchen floor was destroyed. 5 poos & a large pee.

I love the dog but I fear we could be headed for trouble. Any suggestions??? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Take him to the vet and bring a stool sample ...there may be something physically wrong with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yeah +1 on the vet, 5 poos in one night?
    Are they runny even?

I'd bring a sample to the vets.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭gerrymadden1

star-pants wrote: »
    Are they runny even?

3 or 4 were solid and 1 was a bit of a pie...

He seems fine health wise. Very playful & alert. Full of energy. I'm baffled. I'll give it a couple of days.

He got a very strong reprimand from my wife this morning and he obviously knew he had done wrong. Maybe he will return to his former "clean" ways??

Thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just that maybe he's a slight tummy upset and can't hold it.
    If you had the runs and someone didn't let you into the bathroom?

I think someone said about cooked mashed carrots into there food, just a bit can help with upset stomachs. But you don't know what /if anything is causing this.

I'm sure he felt bad - as you say he knew he did wrong.
    I had a dog before and when she was very ill she kept going on the floor as was soooo embarrassed and ashamed of going indoors she'd just hang her head, because she couldn't help it.

If he's no better by monday I personally would run him down to the vets. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Advertisement