Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swing Town

Options
  • 26-06-2009 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭

Swing Town

Starting tonight on TV3

Anybody know anything about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

I saw the first episode last week and it is not half-bad. Set in 70s US suburbia, a new couple are being seduced into wife-swapping fun, everyone's on the pill and having fun. Of course aids hasn't reared it's ugly head yet.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's implied because it's airing on TV3 but it's worth knowing the show's cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Its about the sexual revolution in the USA in the 1970s, and the whole "swinging" scene that was popular back then.

Great soundtrack to the show really takes you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭deisemum

Love the soundtrack but I'm of an age to remember the renowned swinging parties of the early 80's in certain parts of Ireland. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

deisemum wrote: »
    Love the soundtrack but I'm of an age to remember the renowned swinging parties of the early 80's in certain parts of Ireland. ;)

what!! swinging in ireland in the early 80s:eek:

jesus mary & joseph!! didn't think that sort of thing would be going on back in those bally-go-backward days

pls tell more......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Have already seen the series online....... I loved it, and was gutted that they didn't pursue a second series :( worth watching anyway, it's interesting if nothing else!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭deisemum

philstar wrote: »
    what!! swinging in ireland in the early 80s:eek:

jesus mary & joseph!! didn't think that sort of thing would be going on back in those bally-go-backward days

pls tell more......

Yep large town in east Galway and I'm not talking Ballinasloe and a certain venue was notorious for swinging. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Miles from This Life is in it i think (sorry cant remember his name) - havent seen any of it but i believed its was cancelled in the US - anyone know how many episodes will be shown here?

Advertisement