Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally purchased

Options
  • 26-06-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

Well after 2 years of talking a out it I finally found the right motorhome at the right price and I didn't need to go to Germany in the end...

Just bought a 1998 Hymer C644 on a Fiat Ducato 2.5td.

Still finding my way around it..

Some of you might be able to help a newbie with a few queries I have..

1) Van has 2 x German Propane Gas Cylinders. one is empty and 1 is nearly empty.. My local gas dealer can't take these cylinders as trade ins but can sell me a new cylinder that I can exchange in the future. cost of cylinder + gas is 60 euro and future exchanges are 28 euro... Is this my best option?

2) everything seems to work well apart from the toilet flush... I can only presume that the open/close flap on the left is also intended to flush the toilet. It clicks when pushed down but nothing happens?

3) the water in the taps is fine and heats quickly etc.. but the shower "flows" rather than sprays... is this normal.. it seems to me more pressure would make it spray.. do I need to upgrade water pump?

4) there is a sat dish on the roof adjustable from inside and a 12 v sat reciever installed but no TV.. suggestions for a TV? and will I need something to help tune in the dish?

Apologies for all the questions but any help appreciated :)

I'll probably have more later

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

First off ...congratulations, well wear, keep her between the ditches and all that and WE NEED PICTURES :D

secondly:
    Macspower wrote: »
    1) Van has 2 x German Propane Gas Cylinders. one is empty and 1 is nearly empty.. My local gas dealer can't take these cylinders as trade ins but can sell me a new cylinder that I can exchange in the future. cost of cylinder + gas is 60 euro and future exchanges are 28 euro... Is this my best option?
    I've been using German cylinders no problem for the last 11 years. If one place doesn't want to fill them... t'other will.

(in my case I leave them in the Calor depot in Sligo, they send them for a refill in Ballina and i collect a week later)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Hymer is a good choice, Happy camping.

My MH came from France originally and had a two French bottles, I changed to Irish bottles but when travelling to France I'd take one French in case we'd run out.
    Toilet flush, the push down should activate a micro switch and switch on the pump. I'd suggest getting under and checking the switch.
    Is there any adjustment on the shower head, some have a push/pull cap that will change from flow to spray, might be that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

thanks for the info guys,

I'll post some pics later..

The shower flowing problem was exactly as above and just required pulling out the nozzle and hey presto shower not tap!!

I'll shop around regarding the gas..

The toilet flush definately has something wrong... when I press down on it it clicks like a relay or switch but does nothing,... I'll open her up tomorrow

thanks again...

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

I think there is an in-line fuse associated witht he water flush (there is on mine anyway). My one is located in the toilet casette compartment

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Macspower,

On the Satellite side, check out the cheapest LCD tv you can. Where you based - I could help you out with the tuning. I have a German system too, and worked it out, so may be able to help.

What make is the receiver? If it's Kathrein then I can probable help you get an English manual. PM me a number if you want and I'll give you a ring to discuss further.

Wher you located - I'm in south county Dublin if it's any use to you.

Michael

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

thanks for the info guys..

Just back from the maiden voyage and all went well..

Re the toilet problem ... it was a nasty one to fix and I hope none of you ever have to do it... basically I had to take out the whole toilet unit to get at the switch and it all has to be done from the casette end!!! anyway swich was faulty and instead of waiting for a new one from germany I've replaced it with a manual push switch located on the side of the sink...

Advertisement