Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance provider in Ireland

Options
  • 26-06-2009 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

I'll get straight to the point:

I inherited a fair bit there recently and bought a car; a 2008 VW Golf GTi (200bhp) - not the 30 Version.

I must admit that I went a bit over the top with all this money flying around, but hey, you only live once.

So, the car was delivered to my door and is sitting in my driveway now. I'm 23 with a fresh full UK license and have not been able to even get a quote for the car from any insurer that I have tried due to my age & having no NCD.

FDB, Quinn, Axa, Hibernian, Allianz all refused to quote...

I don't live in the UK anymore but I've been quoted 5200£/yr.

Willing to pay that here in Ireland.

Which company will insure me?

Just to throw that in: I was of the firm belief that insurance companies are OBLIGED to quote a person even if the quotation itself amounts to a ridiculous amount? Maybe the law has changed since...

Any answers are much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

geewhiz wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'll get straight to the point:

I inherited a fair bit there recently and bought a car; a 2008 VW Golf GTi (200bhp) - not the 30 Version.

I must admit that I went a bit over the top with all this money flying around, but hey, you only live once.

So, the car was delivered to my door and is sitting in my driveway now. I'm 23 with a fresh full UK license and have not been able to even get a quote for the car from any insurer that I have tried due to my age & having no NCD.

FDB, Quinn, Axa, Hibernian, Allianz all refused to quote...

I don't live in the UK anymore but I've been quoted 5200£/yr.

Willing to pay that here in Ireland.

Which company will insure me?

Just to throw that in: I was of the firm belief that insurance companies are OBLIGED to quote a person even if the quotation itself amounts to a ridiculous amount? Maybe the law has changed since...

Any answers are much appreciated.

Not trying to be smart here but at 23 years old, a high powered car and without a NCB established here in Ireland, you are asking a lot. Go onto the modified car forum; they may be better able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 geewhiz

Thanks, posted it over there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Get onto the Insurance Obudsman and tell him all those companies refused to quote you. One of them, by law has to quote you as you've been refused so many. Now it may be an extortionate amount, but you said you were willing to pay thousands. Don't tell them that though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

xsdirect.ie will generally quote on ANYTHING. Their insurance is worthless, but its legal....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Advertisement
Advertisement