Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying Midi Device thingy in cubase

• 26-06-2009 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

I get very frustrated when cubase "loses" my USB midi connection to various devices I have attached & I have to restart cubase mid-compose before the devices work again

It usually happens when PC goes into sleep or low power, when my mobile goes off ( although I've sussed this by putting ferrites on the usb leads ) or sometimes randomly and haven't pinned this down yet..

Question is , is there a way to refresh the devices rather than closing the app. My sound trivial but when you've 20 instances of a VSTi to load etc, even on a Quad Core it can be slow and interrupt workflow. I can run one device from a proper midi port rather than a USB port with external power to make sure it never happens on at least one device but that's overkill imo?

Am I the only one with this gripe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭davemcgeown

sorry man., i don't have an answer to your question but your the only thread i can find relating to cubase i thought maybe you could help me with something., i just got cubase and am hooking up my mic through an external soundcard., but for some reason it seems only to be redcording on the right(the top line), playing back o the right speaker., i wonder if you could give me any help on this>?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

I believe that you can create a 'mono' audio track and then record into this - just create it where the track pane is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

sorry man., i don't have an answer to your question but your the only thread i can find relating to cubase i thought maybe you could help me with something., i just got cubase and am hooking up my mic through an external soundcard., but for some reason it seems only to be redcording on the right(the top line), playing back o the right speaker., i wonder if you could give me any help on this>?

If you have the Cubase Channel in Stereo - Try sticking it on Mono - See if that helps.

Neurojazz wrote: »
    I believe that you can create a 'mono' audio track and then record into this - just create it where the track pane is.

Great minds think alike - Fools seldom differ! :D

I get very frustrated when cubase "loses" my USB midi connection to various devices I have attached & I have to restart cubase mid-compose before the devices work again

Yeah.. Its a cnut.

I'd say the only thing you can really do is change the sleep settings on your PC.

I've got mine on 30mins. If I'm away for that long.. which is rare.. then its ok for the computer to have a little rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭davemcgeown

yup changing it to mono did the trick thanks a million:)

yup changing it to mono did the trick thanks a million:)

Nice one! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It usually happens when PC goes into sleep or low power, when my mobile goes off ( although I've sussed this by putting ferrites on the usb leads ) or sometimes randomly and haven't pinned this down yet..

Question is , is there a way to refresh the devices rather than closing the app. My sound trivial but when you've 20 instances of a VSTi to load etc, even on a Quad Core it can be slow and interrupt workflow. I can run one device from a proper midi port rather than a USB port with external power to make sure it never happens on at least one device but that's overkill imo?

Not alone, I'm afraid. This has been bothering me for years. Like, I might start Cubase and then cop that I haven't the keyboard turned on. Have to shut Cubase, turn on keyboard, and start again. And I might already have loaded a huge template.

Suggestions appreciated.

Advertisement