Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing the light

Options
  • 26-06-2009 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Which is best for an eye test: McNally Opticians in Stillorgan or Specsavers? My employer will give me a voucher for Specsavers but I'll have to spend cash up front and get reimbursed later if I go to McNallys.

The thing about Specsavers is that they seem to want to sell you glasses just for the sake of it, whereas McNally's seemed to be interested in your eyesight.
    Also, Specsavers are a big multinational whereas McN are local and Irish.

Where would you go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Mc Nallys also sell expensive glasses.

At the end of the day, the optician in both places are fully qualified.

If you dont need glasses, specsavers wont force you to get them.

If you do, theyl show you some and go through the offers in a non pushy way, more informative.

Also, Specsavers are a franchise, but the people who took the franchise are Irish, so even more local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

Mc Nallys glasses glasses from 2 for 99 euro upwards even 3 for 199 not expensive glasses, glasses to suit all budgets.
    I know the prices in Opticians across the country having worked in both Specsavers and Mc Nallys also.
    Tbh i find places like Mc Nallys give a lot more of a personal and professional experience.

But thats personal experience and opinion.

Advertisement