Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear Live 2009

Options
  • 26-06-2009 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭

Well, they're coming back again.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/top-gear-revs-up-prices-for-rds-show-1791514.html

"IRISH fans of 'Top Gear' were happy to pay through the nose to attend the live show last year, and there appears to be some confidence that they will do so again.
    It was announced yesterday that Jeremy Clarkson and his fellow presenters will return to the RDS in Dublin in early December, following a 10-show sell-out at the same venue last year.
    But while the cheapest tickets, at €65, are €10 cheaper than they were last year, prices for the 10 Dublin shows continue to be vastly more expensive than for shows in London.
    A 'gold plus' ticket, for example, costs €110 for the Dublin event. This includes entry to the live show, the motor show, the paddock and some add-ons. The same ticket for the show in Earls Court in London costs approximately €76. The cheapest ticket for the London show is €50.
    The higher ticket prices at the RDS are because of increased transport costs in bringing the show from London, and because other venues have a higher capacity, according to a 'Top Gear Live' spokeswoman.
    "Having said that, we will be making the majority of the tickets available at €65."
    Dermot Jewell of the Consumer Association of Ireland said: "There seems to be no forum whereby someone buying a ticket can have the promoters address the problem of why they are being bled dry.
    "The only reason they are bled dry seems to be that they can be."
    Tickets for this year's RDS show go on sale today through topgearlive.ie"

It'll be interesting to see the response this time round. I got free tickets last year, so couldn't really complain about the value for money. If I get freebies again this year, I'll certainly go, but would I pay for tickets? No way, José.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

I went last time...free ticket thankfully!

I thought it was so-so, enjoyable for the most part but very panto-scripted. The stunts were impressive but overall not worth the ticket price...unlikely to go next time free ticket or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

In before the lock!

Top Gear Forum is that-a-way!>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Moved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 topgearfan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Not actually sure I'd be arsed this time around, even if I got another freebie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

I would love to go but the ticket prices are way to steep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Huge topgear fan and a car fan in general.

Bought the tickets to go see the last one. Never have i been so disappointed in my life. Will not be going again and will be recommending that others dont either if they ask...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭roosterman71

cronin_j wrote: »
    Huge topgear fan and a car fan in general.

Bought the tickets to go see the last one. Never have i been so disappointed in my life. Will not be going again and will be recommending that others dont either if they ask...

+1 to that. It was a massive disappointment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 happyguy

Hi, I went last year and did enjoy the show, we had great seats 4 rows from the front right bang in the center. I have always hated the RDS cow shed look but the smell of burning rubber did seem to stay in the arena longer.
    however i will not pay those prices again, once the show was finished i was so looking forward to visiting the paddocks only to be rushed through it and not be given a chance to take pics, ok it was the last show and maybe the crew wanted to go home but come on give us a chance to see the cars ( we did pay extra ) i am a huge fan of TG and love it but the show just is not worth paying that price. so it's a big no for 2009 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Last year I was given tickets as a gift (the person was not able to go) and was really looking forward to it, but there were two factors that kind of ruined it for me. First of all the two tickets for me and my younger brother were a few rows from the back, and I'm not exactly 6ft 6" so it was very hard to see alot of the stage but even worse for my brother who was only 12 at the time. Secondly the show we were at was the 15:30 one I think on the Sunday, when the show finnished and we went to the hall of fame thing after only about 30 minutes people came in and started cleaning up and removing some of the cars, but the worst part was that all the TopGear stuff like t-shirts and memorabilia were sold out, only for a couple of t-shirts in small or XXX-large which were no use.

So this time I bought tickets for the 15:30 show on the Saturday, Front row(A) Block L, so we can have a much better view and actually be able to buy something this time. From what I saw last year, it was good but not great but I will still be looking forward to it this year, I mean.............. its TopGear man :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I got the diamond tickets for this a present from my husband (a belated birthday present, he did not forget it, I just wanted a break away and when I saw these wanted this instead)- my brother went last year and adored it - last year I really wanted to go but was not well enough so it is a huge deal for me to go - my brother went the last time and loved it so I hope that I will too.

I will be at the 15.30 show on Saturday too :)

Advertisement