Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learing the Building Regulations - What to cover?

Options
  • 26-06-2009 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi all, Im relatively familiar with the technical guidance docs but Im trying to broaden my understanding as to the rules and regulations for architects. I have been looking about the DoEHLG site but its very hard to pick out what is current or relevant to someone looking for a broad understanding of the system. There are so many amendments, revisions etc :confused:

Firstly can anyone give me (or point me to) an simple overview of the leagal stages from an architects perspective ie from planning through buidling control, certification, completion etc. Could someone also suggest or link me to the main documents relating to the various stages. Sorry, thats seems a bit lazy. Even if people can just name them It would help greatly:o

Many thanks
    130r

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

No sure is its still in print but the RIAI publication "Building and the Law" by David Keane is a great book. some areas may be a little out of date now through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 130r

Seems to be out of print in most places. Ive asked cill01 for a pdf he had offered on an earlier thread so hopefully he wont mind passing those on. does anyone else know of something that is available ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

130r wrote: »
    Seems to be out of print in most places. Ive asked cill01 for a pdf he had offered on an earlier thread so hopefully he wont mind passing those on. does anyone else know of something that is available ?

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 130r

Thanks sinnerboy, reading now.....

Advertisement