Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to drive from Dublin to Athlone, Friday

Options
  • 26-06-2009 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hey
    Gotta be in Athlone for 7.15 this evening, will be getting on m50 at the airport and wondering what time I should leave at to arrive on time.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

I'd leave about 5.45pm to be sure. Normally takes 70/80 minutes to get from M50 to Athlone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

It takes about 1 hr 45 min.
    I now this as as I lived in longford and Athlone is another 25 min from Longford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

I've driven it before albeit on a quiet morning and it took 80mins from M4 turnoff at m50. If youre going at a steady pace I'd say it'll take 90 mins. Depends on traffic on the m50 of course.

aarouteplanner predicts 1hr 26mins from toll plaza on M50 to athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

BVB wrote: »
    I now this as as I lived in longford and Athlone is another 25 min from Longford

Eh, no. Longford is further away on a worse road.

According to my satnav, last time I drove that way I did Palmerston->the Shannon bridge at Athlone bang on the limit with no traffic in 1hr02mins. Friday evening it'd be worse.

Anyway OP, how long did it take? (presume it'll be tomorrow before he replies lol)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

BVB wrote: »

Erm...why would you go via Longford to get to Athlone?:confused:

Athlone is over 35 km to the South of Longford, in a different direction from Dublin (directly West, as opposed to WNW which is the direction of Longford and you also take a different road - the M6 motorway at the fork in Kinnegad as opposed to the M4...

With all the recent improvements, it takes about 1 hour and 15 mins to get from the M50 Liffey Valley junction in West Dublin to Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 IrishCathal2008

shoutman wrote: »
    Hey
    Gotta be in Athlone for 7.15 this evening, will be getting on m50 at the airport and wondering what time I should leave at to arrive on time.

Thanks in advance.
    Once you get off the M50 it is plain sailing.
    About one hour and twenty minutes.
    There are really no hold-ups.

Advertisement