Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Friendly Accomodation

Options
  • 26-06-2009 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Its very diificult to find somewhere to go for a weekend with the dogs in this country. I've never been on a mini holiday with the dogs and it would be great to take them somewhere nice with us where we can see some good sights and walk in th great outdoors without having to face a long drive home or having to leave the dogs at home while away.

Can people post up specific places that are nice to visit with the dogs, hotels, b&b's or websites that offer pet friendly holidays.

I've learned of this one recently which is very handy but i'me sure there are more, particularly now in these challenging times i'm sure more properties will start opening their doors to pet owners to try and balance the books.

http://www.staydoggy.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I know Grays guesthouse in Achill, Co Mayo is dog friendly. She had kennels out the back years ago when i worked there. I'm pretty sure things havent changed.

Lovely old fashioned place, they even had a croquet lawn and childrens play room, table tennis, that sort of thing. She really loves animals and has a few corgi's herself. The lady who runs the place is 99 years old. Alot of her clientele are of an older generation, it's not a young or trendy place. The food is good, the place is immaculate when it comes to hygiene and it is finished to a very high standard. So if it's a quiet break then i'd highly reccomend it.

They don't have their own site, but this will give you an idea of the standards
    http://www.ireland-guide.com/award/host_of_the_year_2006.1471.html

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Skillie

themadchef wrote: »
    I know Grays guesthouse in Achill, Co Mayo is dog friendly. She had kennels out the back years ago when i worked there. I'm pretty sure things havent changed.

Lovely old fashioned place, they even had a croquet lawn and childrens play room, table tennis, that sort of thing. She really loves animals and has a few corgi's herself. The lady who runs the place is 99 years old. Alot of her clientele are of an older generation, it's not a young or trendy place. The food is good, the place is immaculate when it comes to hygiene and it is finished to a very high standard. So if it's a quiet break then i'd highly reccomend it.

They don't have their own site, but this will give you an idea of the standards
    http://www.ireland-guide.com/award/host_of_the_year_2006.1471.html

looks excellent, my dogs are house dogs however and would not entertain kennels!! spoiled i know

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Have a look here..... www.staydoggy.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

hi my family and i and our westie stayed at the blarney golf resort last year
    your dog is allowed into the bungalow with u
    it was a lovely break
    not much to do in the immediate area but kilarney is close enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Kevo

My cousin says that many of the hotels in Cork now allow dogs to stay in the room with you. Have a look online, if you can't find em I wiill give him a call.

Advertisement